Today is the day — the World of Disney store at Disney Springs has officially reopened!
The store opened its doors today as part of Disney Springs’ phased reopening, which saw Disney-owned stores and restaurants opening a week after the first phase. And while Disney Springs has been fairly quiet for its first week back, that all changed this morning with the reopening of World of Disney!
We got to Disney Springs an hour and a half prior to the store’s 10AM opening, and already there was a massive line waiting for us. The way the system has worked for these Disney-owned stores so far is that you put your name in for a virtual queue so you can know when to come back to get in.
The line this morning went all the way back to Dockside Margaritas, with tape markings indicating where guests should stand to enforce six feet of spacing.
Because the line was so long, Cast Members were on hand to add in temporary tape markings as more people joined the queue.
At the end of the line, we put in our name and phone number for the virtual queue, receiving this text message indicating that we will be texted ten to fifteen minutes before it’s our turn to return to the store to browse.
Once inside, the store looks just as we remembered it — with a few notable changes! For one, you’ll notice a variety of signs asking to help maintain physical distancing from others guests.
The registers have also been given an update, with markers in line, and plexiglass barriers at each of the registers.
Another addition at the store was the installment of various hand sanitizing stations.
Some of the collections we were most excited to see at World of Disney were the Minnie Mouse: The Main Attraction collections, which sold out quickly when they launched on shopDisney. At the store, they only had the Mad Tea Party collection from March, and Pirates of the Caribbean collection from February.
By the time we got to the store, all had completely sold out except for the Pirates of the Caribbean Minnie Mouse Plush.
The collection included plenty of pops of color, including with this Mickey Vinyl Collectible.
Additionally, the Disney Summertime Fun Collection had its own massive display.
The collection includes these fun Pool Float Minnie Ears!
Want to learn more about Disney World's Reopening?
- Here’s ALL the Latest News on Disney World’s Reopening Plans!
- We're Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World's Reservation System and MORE!
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- Disney World Will Be Implementing a New Theme Park Reservation System When the Parks Reopen!
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Disney World Announces the Opening Dates for Its Resort Hotels!
- Here Are All the Details You Need to Know About Disney World’s Reopening Proposal
- Disney World’s Parades, Fireworks, and MORE Will Be Initially Suspended During the Phased Reopening
- Check Out Disney World’s New Signage That Will Be Present When Theme Parks Reopen!
- Disney World Hopes to Implement “Relaxation Zones” for Guests to Take Off Their Masks!