Recipes Spiced Beef Ravioli with Yogurt and Paprika Butter Turkey
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup water
1 cup ground beef
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
1 clove garlic, peeled and pounded to a paste
1 stick salted butter
1 tablespoon paprika
1. For the ravioli, sift all but 1/3 cup of the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center of the flour.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and water until combined. Pour the liquid into the flour well and gradually draw in the flour with a wooden spoon. Stir just until a soft ball is formed and knead the dough on a floured surface for 7 to 8 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into 2 balls and cover them with a damp cloth. Allow them to rest for 30 minutes.
4. To make the filling, combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl, cover and set aside.
5. For the yogurt sauce, combine the yogurt and garlic and set aside at room temperature.
6. For the paprika butter, melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the paprika. Set aside and keep warm.
7. Sprinkle a work surface with a little of the reserved flour and roll out a ball of dough into a very thin circle. Cut the dough into – inch squares and place 1/2 tsp. of filling in the center. Bring the 4 corners together to form a "hat" and press well to seal. Continue to make ravioli with the remaining dough and filling.
8. To cook the ravioli, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and immerse 1/3 of the ravioli with a slotted spoon. Cook the ravioli for 12 to 15 minutes or until they rise to the surface. Drain and set aside. Repeat with remaining 2 batches.
9. To serve, divide the ravioli among six serving bowls and spoon a little yogurt sauce and paprika butter over each portion.