They say smell is the strongest sense when it comes to memory.
That’s why it comes as no shock to us that there are certain smells that instantly trigger a certain Disney memory.
Here are 17 smells any Disney World fanatic will recognize instantly.
1. The Orange Groves on Soarin’ Over California (or the African Grasses on Soarin’ Around the World)
2. Ice Cream Cones from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
3. The Stink Bug in It’s Tough to Be a Bug
4. The Fresh and Fruity Scent of the Polynesian Village Resort
5. Freshly Popped Disney Popcorn
6. The Valley of Mo’ara during Flight of Passage
7. Laila Perfume from Norway
8. The Pie in Mickey’s PhilharMagic
9. The Cannons and Water at Pirates of the Caribbean
10. The Welcoming Smell in the Grand Floridian Resort Lobby
11. The Main Street Confectionery
12. The Orange Smell at the end of the old Horizons attractions
13. The dusty smell of the Haunted Mansion
14. “Rome Burning” in Spaceship Earth
15. The Skunk in Journey to Imagination …. with Figment
16. The Crisp, Fresh Smell of the Lobby at The Beach Club
17. The Gingerbread Cookies from Clarabelle Cow’s Float in Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
What are your favorite Disney World smells? Let us know in the comments!
Want to read more of our writers' takes on all things Disney? Take a look at these recent posts:
- Disney World Should Close These Three Attractions
- 5 Things You Should Do at Disney World and Never Tell Anyone
- People Always Forget This Underrated Ride in the Magic Kingdom
- Opening day attractions at the Disney-MGM Studios: Gone but not Forgotten
- Unexpected Poses for On-Ride Photos at Disney World
- It’s OK To Skip This Epcot Festival
Click below to subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter so you don’t miss any of the latest Disney news!