Reviews of Morimoto Asia

View Menus at Morimoto Asia Dining Location

Cuisines: Asian

Cuisines: Asian
The first pan-Asian restaurant from celebrity Chef Masaharu Morimoto, featuring flavors from across the continent. This Disney Springs dining destination includes unique exhibition kitchens showcasing traditions like Peking duck carving, and dim sum.

MENU, Photos and more: http://allears.net/dining/location/morimoto-asia

Watch a restaurant review:

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/23/2020

This has to be the most disrespectful and worst managed restaurant in all of Disney Springs. They cancelled my reservation 2 hours before the set time by email. No explanation. And the manager even hung up on me on the phone when I called them.

Pros:

Cons:

Badly managed

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/27/2019

Food was not to our taste, not at all what was expected.

Pros:

none poor service and food not to our taste

Cons:

besides food not being good, price was shocking two adults and two teens, was $185!!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/14/2020

I was so excited to eat here but was ultimately underwhelmed. I got the tonkotsu ramen and my husband got some chicken dish. We were here at lunch after days of eating heavy meals.Maybe we were just not hungry or got the wrong things, but neither of us cared to finish the food. I love the decor and there were a lot of interesting things on the menu.

Pros:

Decor, a lot on the menu

Cons:

We didn’t love what we got

Reviewed by Britt Review Date: 04/30/2017

The restaurant is beautiful and we were seated on the patio which was nice because we got a good nighttime view of Disney springs and the folks walking around. Our dinner experience wasn't quite so nice mainly because of our server who encouraged us to order more food (and spend more $$) than I felt that I should have in the end. He told us main dishes would take awhile to come out so we should order appetizers. We got Miso soup and it showed upright before the main dish. He also said meat dishes were not big enough to share like the rice and noodle dishes which didn't turn out to be the case. So in the end we left a lot of food on the table and I felt bad that I ordered so much. My daughter got sushi which was good, but other dishes were just OK and nothing better than my local Chinese restaurant. Next time I think we'll just do the street food.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Price, service

Reviewed by MelissaStone Review Date: 08/31/2017

This restaurant is very elegant and very comfortable. The food is just average. If I have any extra dining credits left then I will come back, otherwise not.

Pros:

atmosphere

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 07/14/2016

My family of 6 dined here on July 1st. We had 4 pm reservations and were seated promptly. The restaurant is beautiful, very modern. Unfortunately, that's the most positive comment I can make.
The service was excruciatingly slow, and the waitress forgot to give my husband his dumplings. She seemed to be very distracted.
The food was just ok, nothing to write home about. We had chicken fried rice, California rolls, Lo Mein Noodles with Chicken and Pad Thai - Veggie.
This was the meal I was most looking forward to this trip, and the biggest disappointment.

Pros:

Architecture of the Building

Cons:

Service

Reviewed by caltex Review Date: 01/08/2016

We started with the five spice chicken wings (very good), crab rangoon (good), chicken dumplings (very good), and hamachi tartare (just okay). I really liked the Peking duck which had crispy skin and moist meat, but my DW, DS, and DD said it was just okay. Keep in mind that all 3 do not care for duck in general. The Morimoto spare ribs, however, were a hit. The bbq sauce - hoison sweet chili glaze - was very flavorful and the meat was very tender. As for the service, our server was mediocre at best. It took about 10 minutes for her to acknowledge us after being seated. Also, she did not regularly check on us to ensure we were okay. Lastly, she didn't appear to understand my questions about the entrees or gift card. Bottom line, we were happy with the food, but the service could be better (which may not be indicative of the other servers).

Pros:

Spare ribs, Peking duck

Cons:

Service

Reviewed by Collette Review Date: 12/25/2016

We've been here twice and very much like the food. The Peking duck is fabulous, and the hot and sour soup is really good. Some of the sides are pretty plain. The wine list by-the-glass is somewhat limited. As a couple, once we got a nicely-located table for two, but once we got put in a really lousy location.

Pros:

Beautiful space, good food

Cons:

Pricey

Reviewed by sleepydog25 Review Date: 11/09/2016

Overall, this is a fine restaurant. There are some average dishes such as the orange chicken, dumplings, lo mein, and miso soup. There are also a few above average selections including their sushi (not as good as Kimono's but solid) and the duck "nasi goreng." And then there have been two notable entrees--the Kung Pao chicken and most especially the buri bop, one of my favorite dishes in the World. Service has been adequate to good, and it's certainly an appealingly refreshing change of venue from most restaurants. Overall, I recommend it, but don't expect perfection in every dish.

Pros:

Food, dining ambiance

Cons:

Uneven quality

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 10/07/2016

Beautiful restaurant. Our waitress was really great. We ordered what we thought were three separate appetizers and the came out one at a time instead of all at once, which was a little odd and added time to our meal. We were not in a big rush, but in the future I know to ask for it all at once. With that said, it was a lot of food and one or two things could have been shared with the table. The food was really good and my husband said that the sake sangria was awesome. I would come back again.