Reviews of Homecomin’: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

Other Menus at Homecomin'

Homecomin'

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by TeacherManJoe Review Date: 05/29/2022

Homecoming is a simple concept, with classic southern cuisine, in a bright and homey restaurant environment. We were able to get a brunch reservation and were thoroughly pleased with the experience overall

Food-wise, I have three words for you: CHICKEN AND DONUTS!! One of the specialty dishes at Homecoming is fried chicken over glazed donuts, and while some may wonder about the combination, I am here to tell you that it is phenomenal! Amazingly savory and well fried chicken and the donuts are sweet and soft, and so the combination is just perfection. The cheesy scalloped potatoes are great as well, as are other dishes we’ve tried here. The chicken and donuts just needs to be shouted about from the rooftops.

There are some really tasty cocktails here as well and the environment is just delightfully relaxing. All around, Homecoming is one of the stars of Disney Springs, which already has PLENTY of stars in the food department.

Pros:

Great food that is tasty and well executed Homey and comfortable atmosphere

Cons:

Can be tough to get a reservation, especially for brunch

Reviewed by GrammaMagicto4 Review Date: 05/17/2022

We loved our dinner meal at Homecoming'! We both had tT
he chicken was so moist and easy to chew and swallow. The potatoes were delicious; the Mac n cheese also quite tasty. The cheddar biscuits were fantastic! The bartender was also our waiter and so I asked him about the moonshine drink options. He fixed me a watermelon c cocktail that was so good! The place was very busy so reservations are a must, but well worth it! I can't wait to go back and try some of the other menu items.

Pros:

The decor is so comfortable and inviting. the wait staff are very friendly.

Reviewed by KATEandKATHERINE Review Date: 04/10/2022

My wife and I went here on our first day of our vacation (March 23, 2022). Our server was extremely nice and chatty, but not overly chatty! The best of all the worlds in our opinion.

As far as food we got the hush puppies to share, my wife had the cat fish sandwich, and I had the fried chicken sandwich. The hush puppies were the best, they were dry and not too flavorsome on their own, but dipping them in the sauces they come with makes them at least a 9 out of 10!

My wife liked her sandwich, she said the bread was very good and the cat fish was well cooked. It was also huge, which made it a really good deal. As far as the fried chicken, it’s possible I made a mistake ordering the sandwich, I wish I had got the chicken dinner instead because bone-in always tastes better. The chicken on the sandwich was a bit of a let down, mildly crisp breading, but not as crisp as you would expect and it wasn’t really flavored at all. I didn’t realize it would come with a sweet pickle, which I didn’t care for I think it would have been better as a quick pickle, but I understand that this more sticking with the southern tradition.

Both these meals came with potato chips. We usually don’t care for potato chips as a side because they don’t seem as nice as a unique salad or fries, but we wanted to eat the meal as designed. We both surprisingly liked the flavor of the chips! They weren’t just salted, but had a nice flavoring. We each ate maybe 4-6 chips, which is way more than we expected!

Pros:

The staff was awesome and the restaurant is beautiful

Cons:

The fried chicken didn’t live up to the hype

Reviewed by DisneyNewbie41 Review Date: 04/10/2022

I was lucky to get there at 4 pm so no wait. Everything was perfect! The service; the moonshine cocktail; the chicken sliders; and a chicken sandwich which I got for later. I will never forget that meal!

Pros:

Best meal I’ve ever had at a restaurant!

Cons:

Can have long waits

Reviewed by ktkueb80 Review Date: 02/28/2022

ate here on 2/22/22 with DH and DS (age 8) for dinner. We were seated early for our reservation and the waiter was very attentive. The last time we were here (October) I had gotten the chicken and donuts which I loved but I mixed it up this time and got the southern fried steak with a side of mac and cheese. Good, but not as good as the chicken. That mac and cheese though... DS got the chicken tenders and fries, loved them. DH got the braised short ribs again this trip and no knife was necessary. This has quickly turned into a must visit location each trip, and I aint mad at it!

Pros:

great food, attentive server

Reviewed by Mommacolorado Review Date: 02/07/2022

After stressing about not being able to get a reservation, we were able to get on a walk up list. We had the best waitress that we had the whole trip and got a few appetizers to share ... by the time she came out to get our food order we were stuffed!! She was awesome, the chicken biscuits were awesome... it was chilly out so the drinks warmed us up! Can't wait to go back!!

Pros:

Great atmosphere and great food!

Cons:

ability to get a reservation

Reviewed by Norm Review Date: 01/20/2022

Be cautious about booking Chef Art especially if you have an important event. They will not hesitate to cancel your reservation after they book a big party. They've done this twice to us. They don't care about the hundreds of diners who have made reservations months out. This latest was going to be our wedding anniversary. I had booked Chef Art months before. Less than two weeks before our reservation I get a canned email from them "apologizing" and saying to look elsewhere. Of course, they include their sister restaurant Splitsville as a choice. There was nothing else available in Disney Springs for us. We're done with Homecomin' and their sister restaurant. Over the years, we've eaten at a lot of restaurants in Disney Springs and none of them cancelled our reservation out of greed like Homecomin' has. So, be hesitant about making reservations at this place.

Pros:

Decent food

Cons:

They don't care about tourists or even their regulars

Reviewed by NotoriousDVM Review Date: 01/12/2022

This is my unpopular Disney opinion: Homecomin' is...fine. So many people seem to love it, and I frankly just don't get it. The atmosphere is cute, and the servers are, of course, fantastic, but the food itself is nothing to write home about. I find the flavors boring and quite bland. In talking with others who aren't crazy about the food, the common denominator is that we are all Southern, so perhaps in making a menu to please the masses, some of the flavor and spice has been lost. I'm definitely willing to give it another chance in case I went on an off day, but I won't be scouring for reservations at 6 AM EST 60 days prior to arrival.

Pros:

service is excellent atmosphere--I love an open kitchen

Cons:

food is lacking flavor

Reviewed by Cobryan Review Date: 01/11/2022

I had been so looking forward to dining at Homecomin'. What a disappointment. It began with them calling me by the wrong name to be seated and then acting like it was my fault for not answering. Our table was "wobbly"...waitress tried to slide a coaster under the leg...no help. The table top doubled as a "lazy susan". We could sping the entire top around. I ordered the fried chicken and mashed potatoes. My son ordered a cuban sandwich. The food arrived luke warm at best. The amount of grease on my plate from the fried chicken was just gross. The mashed potatoes tasted like wallpaper paste and the drop biscuit tasted 8 days old. My son said his sandwich was decent. Yes, I should have sent my food back but our experience up to that point indicated that things would not improve. We ordered moonshine cake for dessert...they must have forgotten to add the moonshine...we got a really dry pound cake.
To top off the experience, my son starts laughing out loud...I ask what was so funny. He said, "mom, didn't you hear that?" I said "no, what?" He told me manager was on his device telling whomever that he had 2 cases of Miralax in his office and he would bring one case up. That is something that patrons what to hear about while eating. What a waste of time and money. Granted, I might be a little biased being from the south and Kentucky but I would have given anything to have had Kentucky Fried Chicken instead of what was on my plate. Never. Ever. Again.

Pros:

Nothing.

Cons:

Everything.

Reviewed by nicoletighe Review Date: 01/02/2022

I love Homecomin'! I have always enjoyed my meals there from the sandwiches to entrees. The thigh high biscuits and fried chicken dishes are delicious here. I like the Southern influence in the food yet still is tasty to all guests regardless of where they come from. The Moonshine and Hummingbird desserts are very good here, as well as the other desserts and sweet drink specials. The staff is very friendly but the service can be slow especially if you sit outside. Overall, I think this is a great spot at Disney Springs!

Pros:

Wide variety of menu items, delicious specials, Southern flair theme, friendly staff, both outside and inside seating

Cons:

Difficult to grab a reservation, slow service, expensive

YeSake