Reviews of Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

View Menus at Homecomin' Dining Location

Celebrity Chef Art Smith has brought his brand of Florida-inspired cuisine to Disney Springs. The new restaurant features farm-to-fork cuisine that showcases the bounty of Florida, and design inspired by turn-of-the century Florida architecture of the late 1800s. Homecoming offers traditional Southern favorites with sophisticated, chef-inspired creations.

Watch restaurant review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFNkM5sTBWM

Reviewed by NattyAnn Review Date: 04/09/2020

One word: Amazing! Everything about our experience here was great. Check-in was easy. We were seated right away (even on a busy Disney time). Our server was the absolute nicest person on the planet. She was a great server!! The atmosphere is relaxed and nice. Then, there's the food. Oh my, the food. I'm still craving it! It was so wonderful! We went a little crazy (I do have to say I've been a fan of Art Smith for a while), so we tried the fried green tomatoes, the Key West shrimp cocktail, and the deviled eggs for our appetizers. It was all good! The shrimp cocktail was my favorite. For dinner, my husband had the fried chicken, I had the kitchen plate and got the macaroni and cheese, braised kale and collards, and the biscuits, my son ordered the fried catfish. We were too full for dessert. Everything was prepared perfectly and prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/04/2020

I have been to Homecomin' for both dinner and brunch. Both experiences were life-changing to say the least. If you love Southern/Coastal food, this is a great spot to try. The fried chicken is outstanding, as well as the mac-n-cheese. If you have more of a sweet tooth, try the friend chicken and donuts. Everything here is delicious, and the service is always wonderful. For dessert, the shine cake and chocolate cake are my favorites. Homecomin' is one of my top picks in all of WDW.

Pros:

Fresh food, great service

Cons:

Hard to get a reservation

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/14/2020

This was hands down the best food we had on our 6 night trip. My daughter who generally only wants to nibble on food finished most of her meal. My short ribs were amazing and my husband talked about his fried chicken for the rest of the trip.

Pros:

The food, service, food

Cons:

It is kinda loud, but most places are and it helped mask the sounds of my kids.

Reviewed by GrandMum Review Date: 04/24/2019

My lunch here was fantastic!! Chicken crispy and moist. When we spoke to the server about the menu, he offered to make some changes for me. We were able to swap the donuts for biscuits. My only complaint was way too much food! We wish we had shared the meal.

Pros:

Great food and service.

Reviewed by csfranklin Review Date: 04/24/2019

Hands down the BEST food on property! When I asked our server, why this is, she said it's because everything is made from scratch everyday. My teens now voted this their FAVORITE in all of WDW. The chicken and donuts is so good, and easily split between two people. The mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese in beyond incredible. Any drink made with the Rumshine is super yummy! If you ask to sit on the porch, the views are pretty. Overall, we cannot say enough good things about it!

Pros:

Best food on property Great drinks Pretty views from porch

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by Roye Ann Review Date: 04/19/2019

Cannot say enough good things about the way the staff took care of us. They specially made a fried chicken breast for my husband who has a dairy allergy and never gets to eat fried chicken anymore. It was delicious. The moonshine drinks are great, too!

Pros:

everything!

Reviewed by Busymom1015 Review Date: 04/17/2019

Good food and service

Pros:

The fried chicken is good but not the best I’ve ever had

Cons:

The atmosphere is kind of boring

Reviewed by Karyn Bixby Review Date: 04/16/2019

We had a lovely dinner at Homecoming in Disney Springs. Arriving 10 minutes late because of the slow boat, they had given our table away. Maybe 5 minutes later we were led to an indoor table by the bar. Two of us ordered the fried chicken and it was amazing. I haven't eaten fried chicken in a very long time. The donuts were "meh". The wait staff was attentive. Overall an excellent meal.

Pros:

Fried chicken and the Hummingbird cake.

Cons:

Sat next to the noisy bar.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/24/2018

Great atmosphere and outstanding food! Shrimp and grits were killer along with the Florida Crush.

Pros:

Great experience all around

Cons:

Pricy if not on the dining plan, then again what isn’t at Disney.

Reviewed by jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

I have to give it a 10 even though no one is perfect - this place comes close! Service was excellent, the manager Kevin Smith was incredibly nice and helpful. Hush puppies app is great, fried chicken is awesome and the mashed potatoes and mac and cheese are incredible! Finally had the hummingbird cake - it is AMAZING. I highly recommend Homecomin' and we will return.

Pros:

Everything!!!!!!!!

Cons:

Not one thing