Reviews of Homecomin’: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

Other Menus at Homecomin'

Homecomin'

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/06/2021

Went for Sunday brunch and was probably best meal of our vacation. Cocktails great, open faced biscuit amazing, fried green tomatoes great. Amazing service and received free hummingbird cake for our honeymoon. Zero complaints

Pros:

High quality food and service, relaxing atmosphere yet crowded restaurant,

Cons:

Busy and crowded

Reviewed by AnxiousMillenial Review Date: 04/05/2021

I was very excited to try Homecomin' as I'd heard so many great things about it. I arrived a bit early and waited for a few minutes before being seated outside with the live band. The service was great. I was waited on immediately and ordered Art's Famous Fried Chicken. The food came quickly, maybe about 8 to 10 minutes after ordering. The chicken looked fantastic, but I'm not sure if I'm just not used to Southern fried chicken, but it honestly left something to be desired. It was fine, but it wasn't what everyone had been raving about. The mashed potatoes were pretty awful, lacking any flavor whatsoever. The biscuit also lacked flavor and was fine. Mid dinner, Chef Art himself stopped by to say hello, which was a nice surprise. I really enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant itself, but the food was so disappointing. I'm willing to go back and try something else on the menu. Maybe skip the mashed potatoes and try the fried doughnuts.

Pros:

Great southern vibe. Live music. Great service.

Cons:

Food is lacking in flavor. The line to speak to the hostess can be long due to how popular the place is.

Reviewed by jghehle Review Date: 04/02/2021

So good I ate here twice in one week. Tried several dishes and all were fabulous. Great service.

Pros:

Super yummy food. Large sharable portions.

Cons:

Ate too much.

Reviewed by DisneyDana Review Date: 03/24/2021

If you know what real Southern cooking is, then this place will NOT impress. For us it was more like "fancy Southern" on par with Paula Deans restaurants. My friend got the bbq and had to actually send it back because it was so far from any kind of bbq that she had ever had that she couldn't eat it. Now granted she is a picky eater, but how off does the sauce have to be to ruin bbq? I got the fried chicken sliders and they were good but nothing to rave about. What I was waiting for was the highly touted Hummingbird Cake! We got a slice to share and what a let down! I don't know what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. The name suggests that it's so light and fluffy but this cake was thick and heavy and kind of gluey in the mouth. We didn't finish it. The flavor was of a frosted banana nut bread. I wish I had tried the Moonshine cake instead but it didn't sound different enough. I like to try things that are out of the ordinary. Maybe this was an off night and I'll try it again I'm sure, but next time I'll know what to avoid. Very expensive but I have to add that to the end of EVERY review I write for anything Disney related. It's a given.

Pros:

Not many come to mind.

Cons:

Nothing like home cooked food from the south.

Reviewed by mystikmagix Review Date: 02/08/2021

One of the best fried chicken I have ever had! It was delicious & moist. The donuts were wonderful as well. I love the Mac & Cheese, so delicious and creamy! The Hummingbird cake was really delicious as well!

Pros:

Service, food, atmosphere!

Reviewed by mcarolla Review Date: 01/05/2021

We ate here as a group of 6 and the seating was great and comfortable. Very nice staff. All courteous and knew the menu well when we asked our server questions. THE FOOD WAS WONDEROUS. Best fried chicken I've ever had. The mac was so cheesy. There was not a bad thing on we had.

Pros:

Food, service, atmosphere

Cons:

little pricey

Reviewed by KayleyB17 Review Date: 12/21/2020

This restaurant was one of the best places we ate at during our trip. The chicken is phenomenal and so is the macaroni and mashed potatoes. We got the thigh high chicken and biscuits and the arts famous chicken. Both of them were amazing. I highly recommend this place. 10/10

Pros:

Great food Great service

Reviewed by TiffKhoury Review Date: 12/16/2020

We were able to brunch on Saturday (Dec 12). If I could have sat and ate at my table all day long I would have.
Our server, Destiny, was very helpful in addressing our questions about different dishes. We all selected different items so we could try a little of everything. Best idea we had on the whole trip! Not one bad bite to be had. From the freshly squeezed orange juice to the potato gratin mash, we were treated to some special dishes. The music was perfect for the meal and setting. We will be back!!

Pros:

Food, Hospitality, Music

Cons:

Why can’t I live in Florida?

Reviewed by ladyarli Review Date: 12/08/2020

We went for dinner in mid-November 2020, and it was just as good as the first time we went. At this point, we can't imagine going to WDW and NOT wanting to eat there. The food and service are excellent! This time, we knew better than to have appetizers, because we were determined to try one of his desserts. I had the Fried Chicken Salad with Ice Box Dressing, which was delicious, and my husband had the Fried Chicken and Mac & Cheese. Mac & Cheese is ubiquitous at WDW, and the one at Homecomin' is (in our opinion) the best. For dessert, we had the Hummingbird Cake, which was absolutely amazing! It was so good, I couldn't stop eating it. We got one piece to share, which was a good call, because their dessert portions are as huge as their savory food portions.

Pros:

Food and service can't be beat!

Cons:

Portions are huge! Pace yourself!

Reviewed by SamG13 Review Date: 12/07/2020

We just got back from a trip to WDW and we ate here twice. I got the fried catfish both times. Would recomment 100%. Fried chicken and mac and cheese was a favorite of our family as well.

Pros:

Everything.