Reviews of Homecomin': Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

View Menus at Homecomin' Dining Location

Celebrity Chef Art Smith has brought his brand of Florida-inspired cuisine to Disney Springs. The new restaurant features farm-to-fork cuisine that showcases the bounty of Florida, and design inspired by turn-of-the century Florida architecture of the late 1800s. Homecoming offers traditional Southern favorites with sophisticated, chef-inspired creations.

Watch restaurant review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFNkM5sTBWM

Reviewed by Jade Review Date: 11/12/2020

Winner winner chicken dinner! There's a reason Oprah had Chef Art Smith as her personal chef. Man can he cook!! We had dinner here and were seated within 5 minutes of our reservation time. The restaurant has dim mood lighting for dinner and it's quite loud and busy inside. We were seated next to the kitchen and got to see all the food coming out. We started with the Jet margarita and the White peach sangria, and the hot legs and a salad for our appetizers. The drinks were very potent and generous pours. The hot legs had great flavor but a lot of breading and the salad came with yummy icebox dressing (basically the best ranch I've ever tasted). For entrees my boyfriend tried the Cuban sandwich and I tried Art's famous fried chicken with doughnuts and macaroni and cheese. The chicken was very good and easily shareable. The skin was nice and crispy and the inside was moist and flavorful. The doughnuts came with a honey sauce for dipping and were a nice compliment to the chicken. The macaroni and cheese was scalding hot! Unfortunately, the screaming hot temperature didn't allowed me to really enjoy the flavor very much. At the $29 price point for this dish I would recommend sharing unless you're really hungry. For dessert we sampled the Hummingbird cake and Chocolate Pecan pie. The hummingbird cake was a huge slice! If you are looking for a big dessert to share that is also delicious get the hummingbird cake. The chocolate pecan pie was served warm with ice cream and full of pecans! Such great flavors. Our server Matthew was kind and friendly, however, he was also waiting on two large parties in addition to our table so we had to wait a bit for drink refills and to order dessert and take care of the check. Nice meal. I would like to come back to check out brunch!

Pros:

The food is delicious. Period

Cons:

Service could be better

Reviewed by MelMel82 Review Date: 11/10/2020

Southern Cooking at it's best. You can't go wrong going to Homecoming.

Pros:

everything...seriously. Brunch/Lunch/Dinner, there is something for everyone.

Cons:

the restaurant could be bigger, they have expanded a little with the porch sitting.

Reviewed by PALionKingfan Review Date: 09/24/2020

I’ve ate here a few times and it never disappoints. Southern comfort food at its best. Recommend going here, only downside is that it can be difficult to get a reservation at times.

Pros:

Delicious comfort food, I have not tried anything on the menu I did not like

Cons:

Trouble getting reservations at times

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/21/2020

I really wanted to love Chef Art's Homecomin' but I came away a bit dissapointed overall. We ordered moonshine cocktails that were good, and the fried okra appetizer was very good, but the main course, the fried chicken was very disappointing. Although crispy it was dry, like it had been under a heat lamp for an extended period, and the flavor was bland, like they'd forgotten to add any spice at all. The mashed potatoes, which our server said would be rich and creamy, tasted like they were made with water. The macaroni and cheese side, which costs extra, was also highly recommend by the waiter as the best we would ever eat. Wrong...they were not creamy at all, they were greasy, like the butter and cheese separated, and also dry. We'd looked forward to eating here since they opened at Disney Springs, and we might return for a cocktail and appetizer. But we won't return for a meal. The bland food is not worth the high prices.

Pros:

fried okra appetizer and moonshine cocktails.

Cons:

bland and dry fried chicken, greasy mac and cheese, bland watery potatoes, and a server who kept pushing to upgrade for "an additional cost"

Reviewed by NattyAnn Review Date: 04/09/2020

One word: Amazing! Everything about our experience here was great. Check-in was easy. We were seated right away (even on a busy Disney time). Our server was the absolute nicest person on the planet. She was a great server!! The atmosphere is relaxed and nice. Then, there's the food. Oh my, the food. I'm still craving it! It was so wonderful! We went a little crazy (I do have to say I've been a fan of Art Smith for a while), so we tried the fried green tomatoes, the Key West shrimp cocktail, and the deviled eggs for our appetizers. It was all good! The shrimp cocktail was my favorite. For dinner, my husband had the fried chicken, I had the kitchen plate and got the macaroni and cheese, braised kale and collards, and the biscuits, my son ordered the fried catfish. We were too full for dessert. Everything was prepared perfectly and prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/04/2020

I have been to Homecomin' for both dinner and brunch. Both experiences were life-changing to say the least. If you love Southern/Coastal food, this is a great spot to try. The fried chicken is outstanding, as well as the mac-n-cheese. If you have more of a sweet tooth, try the friend chicken and donuts. Everything here is delicious, and the service is always wonderful. For dessert, the shine cake and chocolate cake are my favorites. Homecomin' is one of my top picks in all of WDW.

Pros:

Fresh food, great service

Cons:

Hard to get a reservation

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/14/2020

This was hands down the best food we had on our 6 night trip. My daughter who generally only wants to nibble on food finished most of her meal. My short ribs were amazing and my husband talked about his fried chicken for the rest of the trip.

Pros:

The food, service, food

Cons:

It is kinda loud, but most places are and it helped mask the sounds of my kids.

Reviewed by GrandMum Review Date: 04/24/2019

My lunch here was fantastic!! Chicken crispy and moist. When we spoke to the server about the menu, he offered to make some changes for me. We were able to swap the donuts for biscuits. My only complaint was way too much food! We wish we had shared the meal.

Pros:

Great food and service.

Reviewed by csfranklin Review Date: 04/24/2019

Hands down the BEST food on property! When I asked our server, why this is, she said it's because everything is made from scratch everyday. My teens now voted this their FAVORITE in all of WDW. The chicken and donuts is so good, and easily split between two people. The mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese in beyond incredible. Any drink made with the Rumshine is super yummy! If you ask to sit on the porch, the views are pretty. Overall, we cannot say enough good things about it!

Pros:

Best food on property Great drinks Pretty views from porch

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by Roye Ann Review Date: 04/19/2019

Cannot say enough good things about the way the staff took care of us. They specially made a fried chicken breast for my husband who has a dairy allergy and never gets to eat fried chicken anymore. It was delicious. The moonshine drinks are great, too!

Pros:

everything!