Reviews of Homecomin’: Florida Kitchen and Shine Bar

Other Menus at Homecomin'

Homecomin'

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by FishinGoofy Review Date: 09/13/2021

EAT HERE! If you don't have a reservation stop reading this now and go get one! I'll wait. Ok. This is classic southern comfort food upscaled and done perfectly. I will eat here every single time I get an opportunity. The chicken is cooked perfectly and the Moonshine is Spectacular!

Pros:

Literally the best restaurant in Disney

Cons:

Large portions can be hard to finish.

Reviewed by FloridaTV Review Date: 09/06/2021

Good donuts, good biscuits and the Short Ribs are fantastic. Second time there this year.

Pros:

Good portions

Cons:

Very Pricey

Reviewed by MythicalMyrna Review Date: 08/19/2021

This was the best food we had during our Disney World trip. The chicken thigh sliders and cocktails were amazing and the Mac and cheese is to die for. Cannot wait to go back. I dream about Homecomin!

Pros:

Amazing food

Cons:

Hard to get reservations

Reviewed by Piccaso7 Review Date: 07/13/2021

Delicious, huge portions. I will go back, but I’ll probably split my meal with my guest. There is a ton of food.

Pros:

Great food and fairly priced

Cons:

A lot of food per serving

Reviewed by Kyrie Review Date: 05/30/2021

I mean....the food is delicious, the drinks are delicious, the service is excellent. All around, amazing restaurant. Somehow, I'm complaining that there's way too much food and I'd rather sample a lot of things than pass out trying to eat half a chicken. Not to say it's not worth the price, but it is expensive for fried chicken. Next time, I'd share an entree and maybe just add a side to save some $$$.

Pros:

Just plain delicious. Absolutely nothing wrong with this restaurant.

Cons:

Expensive

Reviewed by DinoG Review Date: 05/24/2021

Food overpriced. They couldn’t find my reservation from My Disney Experience.

Pros:

Food was good

Cons:

Price. Lot of confusion checking in

Reviewed by beachbb1 Review Date: 05/23/2021

We dined at Homecoming last week for the first time and were blown away by gourmet southern dishes. Drink menu also amazing and loved the Moonshine Apple Pie cocktails. Excellent service coupled with beautiful location made this a truly exceptional dining experience we highly recommend.

Pros:

Incredible menu and food with superior service.

Cons:

Difficult to book a reservation

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/10/2021

Went here in early May of 2021 with a party of 8 including a wheelchair. We were seated right away; which was nice because it was a HOT one. We had never been before; I specifically made reservations here for the cheddar drop biscuits, and hush puppies; they did not disappoint! Chicken was fantastic as well. Everyone in our party loved their meals! The portions were huge, and definitely could have been shared between a couple of people.
The only complaint I had was that I told the server we were celebrating my daughters birthday and while she did bring out a complimentary piece of cake (Which was delicious) No one outside of our party ever wished her a happy birthday. Overall our experience was great, and by far the best meal of our trip and probably one of the best meals I’ve ever had at Disney

Pros:

Fantastic food, prompt service.

Cons:

Lackluster acknowledgement of my daughters birthday.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/06/2021

Went for Sunday brunch and was probably best meal of our vacation. Cocktails great, open faced biscuit amazing, fried green tomatoes great. Amazing service and received free hummingbird cake for our honeymoon. Zero complaints

Pros:

High quality food and service, relaxing atmosphere yet crowded restaurant,

Cons:

Busy and crowded

Reviewed by AnxiousMillenial Review Date: 04/05/2021

I was very excited to try Homecomin' as I'd heard so many great things about it. I arrived a bit early and waited for a few minutes before being seated outside with the live band. The service was great. I was waited on immediately and ordered Art's Famous Fried Chicken. The food came quickly, maybe about 8 to 10 minutes after ordering. The chicken looked fantastic, but I'm not sure if I'm just not used to Southern fried chicken, but it honestly left something to be desired. It was fine, but it wasn't what everyone had been raving about. The mashed potatoes were pretty awful, lacking any flavor whatsoever. The biscuit also lacked flavor and was fine. Mid dinner, Chef Art himself stopped by to say hello, which was a nice surprise. I really enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant itself, but the food was so disappointing. I'm willing to go back and try something else on the menu. Maybe skip the mashed potatoes and try the fried doughnuts.

Pros:

Great southern vibe. Live music. Great service.

Cons:

Food is lacking in flavor. The line to speak to the hostess can be long due to how popular the place is.