Reviews of Wine Bar George

View Menus at Wine Bar George Dining Location

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Enjoy over 100 wines as well as small plates in this 200 seat bar/lounge.

Reviewed by Jade Review Date: 11/12/2020

If you are a foodie or a fan of wine you definitely need to check out Wine Bar George! My boyfriend and I had an excellent lunch here and can't wait to come back the next time we are at Disney Springs. We didn't have a reservation but they seated us right away on a Saturday. The air conditioning was such a relief from the Florida sun! This new restaurant is beautiful inside and out with sleek modern features and two bars (upstairs and downstairs). They also have an outdoor patio upstairs that is perfect for people watching and relaxing outside when the weather is nice. They have over 100 types of wine available by the bottle, the glass or even the ounce! This is the only restaurant I've ever been to where the namesake was actually present. George himself was behind the bar mingling with customers and talking to his staff! So awesome! Our server Olivia couldn't have been nicer. She walked us through the menu and made sure we had what we needed throughout our meal.

For lunch we started with sangria and their wine margarita, the fried mac and cheese bites, and the spiced olives. The drinks were good but the mac and cheese bites were killer! So good! Order them! The olives were served warm which was a game changer! For entrees I ordered the steak frites and my boyfriend had the BLT + C. The steak was very flavorful and cooked perfectly but I would have liked more sauce/gravy to dip my fries in. My boyfriend also enjoyed his entree. I was celebrating my birthday and the staff were kind enough to bring our desserts with birthday greetings printed on chocolate! If you like olives get the olive oil cake! This was a knockout dining experience. A++

Pros:

Lots of wine, great atmosphere, small bites

Cons:

Desserts aren't that great

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 06/19/2019

Another first visit during my most recent trip. Excellent lunch of macaroni and cheese balls and a chicken salad sandwich. I drank a French wine that was a little drier than I normally like but It went well with chicken salad. My waitress was very attentive and George came over to visit. I was amazed at how much he was hustling around the place. All those bottles of wine were so impressive. I will be going back!

Pros:

Good food, wine selection, atmosphere

Reviewed by JustB Review Date: 04/17/2019

Having heard so much about George Miliotes and the selection of wines, this became a must for us on our trip. We were not disappointed by anything. The check-in was flawless, didn't like the first table in the middle of the rhombus it was changed immediately, the server was unbelievable, the wine incredible and the food a lot for 2 people. The whole experience was wonderful. We have gone back 3 other times already over the last few months.

Pros:

Food, Service and Atmosphere

Cons:

Not a place for children, having only 3 main courses can be an issue for some.

Reviewed by JNOW Review Date: 09/27/2018

Dropped in on opening week in May. Had just dined elsewhere so was only planning to stop in to look at decor. Every server we encountered was so willing to assist us. We walked upstairs and a waiter convinced us to 'hang out for awhile.' We wound up getting glasses of wine anyways. Was sooooo impressed at the wine list. Would definitely come back and order an appetizer and hang out - lots of different seating - couches, bar stools, low bar area, high bar area. Loved the cork stairs!

Pros:

Atmosphere; great wine list; good pricing