Reviews of Jiko – The Cooking Place – Jambo House

Other Menus at Jiko - The Cooking Place

Jiko - The Cooking Place

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by Jfarring513 Review Date: 03/19/2021

There is nowhere better in Walt Disney World to have a signature meal then Jiko. All of the food is absolutely incredible and the service is top notch. The fillet mignon was hands down the best one on property. The flavors are insane and I try to eat here every time I visit. Cant wait for it to reopen!!

Pros:

Super attentive service Incredible and unique flavors The most amazing selection of wines Best steak on property!

Cons:

Can be hard to get a reservation (during normal times)

Reviewed by tetimko5 Review Date: 02/13/2021

If you are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, DO NOT skip out on this restaurant. This is one of my absolute favorite meals in Disney World. Last time I ate here, our server made the night truly special for us and she was absolutely outstanding. The food here is unbeatable especially if you are looking for something a little more exotic. They have an extensive wine and drink list. This is a great place if you are looking for a date night meal or something different!

Pros:

outstanding service, exciting menu, not overly crowded

Cons:

a bit pricey, but well worth it

Reviewed by Cazstar Review Date: 09/05/2020

The filet is amazing!! Could not recommend enough.

Pros:

Food without a doubt Service was amazing too

Cons:

n/a

Reviewed by JanelleB Review Date: 04/30/2020

This used to be a favorite restaurant but our last couple visits have not been great. The service varies and the menu changes leaves little for me to want. If you want to eat at AKL, I recommend Boma or Sanaa instead.

Pros:

Ambience

Cons:

Food Location Service

Reviewed by Simma Review Date: 03/15/2020

Romantic signature dining restaurant at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Hands down the best steak I’ve ever eaten in my life! Service was impeccable. Extensive wine list!

Pros:

Steak African Wine

Reviewed by AmberMac Review Date: 02/06/2020

I ate here on a solo trip and I was very impressed. I tried beef carpaccio for the first time in my life! The food was flavorful and different for me. However, I’m not sure that this would be a place for people who are not adventurous in trying new things to eat. They don’t do bland here.

Pros:

Different Beautiful atmosphere

Cons:

Service was a little slow

Reviewed by jcjohns91107 Review Date: 01/21/2020

Great food and service. Prices similar to any upscale dining outside the park. Great room.

Pros:

Food, service, ease of reservations

Cons:

Wine is a little pricey.

Reviewed by resjudacat Review Date: 12/17/2019

I had the filet mignon. The steak was fine, but you got hardly any vegetables...very small sides...I also has the wild boar appetizer...ridiculous price for about little bites....your money is better spent elsewhere.

Pros:

The dining experience was just okay..nothing to write home about.

Cons:

price; size of portions....

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/01/2019

I would give Jiko 100 stars if I could. This place is amazing. The food was great and the service is tops. We dined here on 9/27/19. My DH got the bone-in rib eye and I ordered the filet with the Mac and cheese. Both dishes were outstanding.
If you are on Mickey overload, please give Jiko a try. You won’t be disappointed. Just remember, it is signature dining and has a requested dress code of resort casual.

Pros:

Service Food Atmosphere

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 08/30/2019

Simply amazing. I've never been to Victoria & Albert's - I plan to in a future trip - but I have been to a number of other Disney upscale restaurants (California Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Narcoosee's, Citricos, Le Cellier, Hollywood Brown Derby, Shula's, bluezoo, Il Mulino, Monsieur Paul) and a number of hidden gems/lesser ballyhooed but great places (Spice Road Table, The Wave, Skipper Canteen, Artist Point (pre-character), Turf Club Bar & Grill, Boma), and enjoyed them all. But Jiko is easily the best on Disney property that I've ever been to. I've dined at Jiko 5 times now, and each time has been the same incredible experience. Great wine list, impeccable service. But the star is the food. This is the kind of dinner you get excited about. I try to resist the urge to get the filet, which is the best filet I've ever had, usually to give in anyway, and then try a bite or two of my wife's entree, which is always creative and equally amazing. Can't say enough about this place. Delivers excellence. Every. Single. Time.

Pros:

Service, atmosphere, wine, and the food, food, food.

Cons:

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo and Kidani)