Reviews of Sanaa Lunch/Dinner – Kidani Village

Other Menus at Sanaa

Sanaa

Services: Table Service , Quick Service

Reviewed by FishinGoofy Review Date: 09/13/2021

OK First, The food is not bad. The food is very good. The service is very good the views and theming are cool. It just wasn't for us. I am an adventurous eater. I loved Tiffins in Animal Kingdom (I had octopus) and my spouse is rather picky but will try anything at least once. We had heard the hype about this restaurant and thought this is going to be awesome AND it fell a little flat for us. Even the adventurous options were fairly safe and the safer options were still a little weird. I'm not saying I would never go back by any means but this would not be my first choice UNLESS I was staying at the Animal Kingdom. I just think there are much better places to go.

Pros:

Service is good, food is good, If you go earlier in the day you can watch the animals

Cons:

the food is a little different. Not quite adventurous enough for some and too adventurous for others. Make sure to really look at the menu before deciding to eat here.

Reviewed by RogerFetch Review Date: 07/23/2021

I was super excited for this restaurant when I got reservations, yet the experience did not deliver. Our waitress was having a difficult time serving and constantly dropped food and silverware. When we did get the food, no one was that impressed. It is one of the most adventurous menus at Disney World, so picky eaters beware. Even the simple rice pudding made my youngest throw up 30 minutes later. The view however, made up for the lack luster food. My whole family spent the entire menu looking out at the animals. That being said, I'm glad we did eat at this restaurant to try new foods and for the experience. We may even give it another try a few trips later.

Pros:

Great view

Cons:

Not for picky eaters, bad service

Reviewed by StainedSilver Review Date: 06/02/2021

Two words: BREAD SERVICE. Believe the hype y'all.

We were staying at AKL in early 2021, Sanaa was the only sit-down restaurant open so reservations weren't easy to come by. I was only able to snag a late dinner reservation so we didn't get to see the all the cute animals but honestly, I didn't even care because the service and food were that good.

As a newcomer to African and Indian food, our server was very patient especially when I was basically interrogating him over the menu. I mean, what is "Sukama Wiki"?! But fear not, Disney cast members are always willing to help; the servers here at Sanaa are no exception to this.

So if you're like me and always go to the same places trip after trip out of comfort (and being able to understand the menu), take a leap and give this place a shot. Can't believe I've been missing out on Bread Service this entire time!

Pros:

Can I say Bread Service again?, Theming

Cons:

Those with no spice tolerance/Children may not like the flavors

Reviewed by cassidiroberts Review Date: 06/02/2021

So good! We had adults, teens and small kids and everyone was able to get something. Our server was very friendly and helped us navigate the menu to ensure everything we got we would enjoy. She took the time to review the more unique items with us and it paid off! Everything was so good! And of course, bread service.

Pros:

Amazing cast members, food was delicious but they also had more tame options for those who needed them.

Cons:

Can be hard to get a reservation. If no one is an adventurous eater, there are better places to eat.

Reviewed by mhw Review Date: 05/26/2021

My family dined here in May 2021 and everyone rated it as their "hands down" favorite meal of the trip and we ate at a lot of popular restaurants such as Topolino's Terrance, Brown Derby, etc. We had heard that the "bread service" was amazing and were not disappointed. For a party of six, we ordered two bread services and it was the perfect amount. For main courses, we ordered a lot of different combinations of entrees and everyone raved about their meals.

Pros:

The Bread Service, the food, the beverages AND the amazing cast members. We arrived at the restaurant early because we were not sure how long it would take us to get to the AK Lodge and our hostess Jennifer was an absolutely delightful and helpful hostess. In addition, our servers were extremely personable, helpful and prompt. Flawless meal and flawless service!

Cons:

NONE.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/06/2021

Went week of Jan 11th and had amazing service and high quality food. Bread service lives up to hype and tasty Indian food. I like spice, so it was a little mild for my preference but overall delicious.

Pros:

Service, high quality food, family friendly yet intimate atmosphere

Cons:

Picky eaters may not like

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/25/2021

I love the food at Sanaa, the bread service is to die for and I love the butter chicken. Every time I have ever been to this restaurant I’ve had really good servers and positive interactions with the cast members. The only negative in my opinion is that even with a reservation, you do have to wait a while before being seated which is why I gave it a 9 rather than a 10. Once seated the meals come quickly though. I think you get what you pay for here.

Pros:

Amazing views, amazing food, nice servers, good variety of menu items.

Cons:

Long wait time

Reviewed by LaurenS Review Date: 03/02/2021

My Husband and I had a late Lunch at Sanaa on the last day of our WDW Trip. It was our last Disney Dining Experience before our evening flight home, and it was a wonderful way to close out our trip.

We started with the Bread Service, which was very good, and we both ordered the Potjie Inspired with different selections. I had the Butter Chicken, which was one of the best dishes I got to eat on our whole eight (8) day trip! The chicken was well cooked and tender, and the sauce was just delicious. My husband had the braised beef which was also quite tasty. However, if we ever get to eat here again we will most likely order one dish to split, b/c with the full Bread Service and two Mains it was quite a lot of food. I would definitely come here again, and would highly recommend to anyone wanting something different than standard American fare.

Pros:

- Truly Excellent Cuisine - Beautiful Views of the Animals on the Savannah during Daylight Hours

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/14/2021

Love Sanaa! We ate here for lunch while staying at Jambo House, so it was a little bit of a trek to get there, although I think there may be a shuttle that goes between Jambo and Kidani. We asked if we could sit by the window in order to see the animals and they said there was no way to seat us there, so that was a little unfortunate. The food was pretty good, but the bread service was the most memorable! Might be tough for picky eaters though.

Pros:

The bread service, you can see the animals if you are lucky.

Cons:

Exotic food options might not please picky eaters, even if you ask you may not get seated by the windows, Kidani Village is pretty far from everything else in Disney.

Reviewed by SMDeMauro Review Date: 01/12/2021

Excellent food and service in a nice setting. Our family enjoyed the bread service, the steak, the Biryani with chicken, and the Butter chicken. Every dish was delicious, but I would come back just for the bread service alone!

Pros:

Delicious way to try some new flavors that might not be familiar to you. The bread service alone is worth coming here for!

Cons:

A little expensive and can be difficult to get from here to another resort if your dinner is finished later in the evening.

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo and Kidani)