Reviews of Sanaa Lunch/Dinner – Kidani Village

Other Menus at Sanaa

Sanaa

Services: Table Service , Quick Service

Reviewed by TeacherManJoe Review Date: 05/22/2022

Sanaa is a restaurant that had been recommended to us many times and that we had been meaning to go to for quite a while. We finally got a chance to go in November of 2020 and felt that is was a nice dinner with good food and great service.

Firstly, the food was quite good. As any recommend, the bread service is great and offers some tasty naan bread with tasty dipping sauces to try. We each had an entree from the Potjie Inspired offerings, which came highly recommended (I had the Butter Chicken and my wife had the Goan Seafood Curry) and enjoyed both dishes. We both love Indian-style cuisine and so have it fairly often. We did not find these dishes to be extraordinarily better than the ones we get at our local Indian restaurant, but this is not an insult at all, as we really like both. We just were not blown away. If you do not have good Indian around you or are looking to venture out, I would absolutely highly recommend the food here.

We did both enjoy the mixed drinks we were given and our server was top-notch.

As for the atmosphere, we are huge fans of Aninal Kingdom Lodge and it’s cultural inspirations, so loved the ambience. We were not able to get a table by the Savannah windows, but if you can do so, that would likely add a lot to the experience as well.

Overall, great food, great atmosphere, great service. Not quite as mind blowing as it was billed to us, but it didn’t have to be. It’s greatness is enough.

Pros:

Great food with an varied and culturally inspired menu Servers are all friendly and helpful Atmosphere is excellent, as how can anyone not love being in the AKL and near the Savannah

Cons:

Billed as out-of-this-world, but does not quite live up to that reputation (in our opinions at least)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/30/2022

While i only has a kids menu the cheeseburger was phenominal and thats what i love,simple things made amazing.

Pros:

Great food (though i only ate a cheeseburger)

Cons:

Most of the actual food i didnt try but sounded strange

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/15/2021

I have eaten at Sanaa twice on 2 different trips. The bread service was so good, and lots of fun. The entrees were delicious. The different spices, and flavors were so good. But it wasn't so completely foreign that my friends younger kids wouldn't try it. The views of the animals through the window was also fun and entertaining. It's a great place to eat, and I can't wait until I can go back again.

Pros:

Delicious food and entertaining views.

Reviewed by Philip1971 Review Date: 10/21/2021

An amazing restaurant! We love it so much. It is a restaurant we end of going to every few months. it is also pretty hard to get a reservation at this restaurant. The food is amazing the delicious bread service is to DIE FOR! the watermelon salad is a must and the juice and alcohol options are very good. We are a fan of Sanaa!

Pros:

Delicious bread service

Cons:

Hard to get a reservation

Reviewed by lavetaloca Review Date: 10/13/2021

Everything I hoped for! Seems impossible that a bread service could be my favorite thing at any dining experience BUT it's true! The flavors of the sauces are amazing. And it's fun to mix them to make new tastes. Absolutely love the heat. We were very lucky to get a window table with a visit from a bird fascinated by his shadow. The reservation for a meal got us access to both resorts so after lunch we enjoyed the savannah view spots and the jaw dropping lobby at Jambo house.

Pros:

Food is amazing and

Cons:

its a far trek

Reviewed by MulletHappens Review Date: 10/05/2021

As with any restaurant please look at the menu before making a reservation. Get the bread service! The bread service is the reason we go to Sanaa. The other selections are good as well but the bread service is top notch.

Pros:

The bread service Friendly and helpful cast members Nicely themed

Cons:

It's in Kidani Village so only accessible by bus and car. It would be nice if the Skyliner was extended out here.

Reviewed by FishinGoofy Review Date: 09/13/2021

OK First, The food is not bad. The food is very good. The service is very good the views and theming are cool. It just wasn't for us. I am an adventurous eater. I loved Tiffins in Animal Kingdom (I had octopus) and my spouse is rather picky but will try anything at least once. We had heard the hype about this restaurant and thought this is going to be awesome AND it fell a little flat for us. Even the adventurous options were fairly safe and the safer options were still a little weird. I'm not saying I would never go back by any means but this would not be my first choice UNLESS I was staying at the Animal Kingdom. I just think there are much better places to go.

Pros:

Service is good, food is good, If you go earlier in the day you can watch the animals

Cons:

the food is a little different. Not quite adventurous enough for some and too adventurous for others. Make sure to really look at the menu before deciding to eat here.

Reviewed by RogerFetch Review Date: 07/23/2021

I was super excited for this restaurant when I got reservations, yet the experience did not deliver. Our waitress was having a difficult time serving and constantly dropped food and silverware. When we did get the food, no one was that impressed. It is one of the most adventurous menus at Disney World, so picky eaters beware. Even the simple rice pudding made my youngest throw up 30 minutes later. The view however, made up for the lack luster food. My whole family spent the entire menu looking out at the animals. That being said, I'm glad we did eat at this restaurant to try new foods and for the experience. We may even give it another try a few trips later.

Pros:

Great view

Cons:

Not for picky eaters, bad service

Reviewed by StainedSilver Review Date: 06/02/2021

Two words: BREAD SERVICE. Believe the hype y'all.

We were staying at AKL in early 2021, Sanaa was the only sit-down restaurant open so reservations weren't easy to come by. I was only able to snag a late dinner reservation so we didn't get to see the all the cute animals but honestly, I didn't even care because the service and food were that good.

As a newcomer to African and Indian food, our server was very patient especially when I was basically interrogating him over the menu. I mean, what is "Sukama Wiki"?! But fear not, Disney cast members are always willing to help; the servers here at Sanaa are no exception to this.

So if you're like me and always go to the same places trip after trip out of comfort (and being able to understand the menu), take a leap and give this place a shot. Can't believe I've been missing out on Bread Service this entire time!

Pros:

Can I say Bread Service again?, Theming

Cons:

Those with no spice tolerance/Children may not like the flavors

Reviewed by cassidiroberts Review Date: 06/02/2021

So good! We had adults, teens and small kids and everyone was able to get something. Our server was very friendly and helped us navigate the menu to ensure everything we got we would enjoy. She took the time to review the more unique items with us and it paid off! Everything was so good! And of course, bread service.

Pros:

Amazing cast members, food was delicious but they also had more tame options for those who needed them.

Cons:

Can be hard to get a reservation. If no one is an adventurous eater, there are better places to eat.

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo and Kidani)