Reviews of Mara - Jambo House

Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

Breakfast Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/mara/breakfast

Lunch/Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/mara/lunch-dinner

Reviewed by Cheese Review Date: 03/10/2020

Great food, and really helpful cast members

Pros:

+ Great variety of food, the Falafel plate was a favourite for both 9 year old Daughter and myself. + great to mobile order delicious breakfast each morning and just pop down and collect. + Zebra Domes - yum!

Cons:

Dining area is a bit dated, but the food is totally worth it!

Reviewed by AmberMac Review Date: 02/06/2020

Really good food. There’s something for everybody whether you want standard food, or something a little bit more adventurous. and then there are the Zebra Domes!! Get a 4 pack to go for a fun snack!

Pros:

Zebra Domes Great variety A/C and nice seating

Reviewed by TeacherLeann Review Date: 04/26/2019

The selection was SO MUCH smaller than the food court at Music All-Stars, poor atmosphere, and the ribs were really terrible

Pros:

We loved the 4 times in 3 hours refillable cup. We took it to our room and then brought it back for an evening refill. Just be careful- an inch of soda counts as a refill.

Cons:

The ribs were very tough- I tried taking them to my room for the next day as we planned leftovers for lunch and I just threw them out. Also, even a cafeteria can have a fun, jungle atmosphere

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/31/2018

I cannot say enough great things about this quick service restaurant. The food was so good, the service was amazing and they had fantastic desserts and drinks.

Pros:

Food, drinks, service (beyond amazing cast members). Cost. Uncrowded.

Cons:

No cons.

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

When we stay here we always eat here for lunch or a light dinner. The special of the day is always one of the carved meats, corn beef, turkey or ham. all are excellent and are the best choices on the menu. If the weather isn't to hot we like to sit outside but watch out the birds there will land on your table and steal some food if you leave it unattended for a moment. There is also inside dining.

Pros:

the specials of the day

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

The food is OK, but I would say for being at higher end hotel, I think the quick service locations in the All Star resorts are better than here.

Pros:

Lowest cost option at AK Resort

Cons:

Nothing special for being at a higher end hotel

Reviewed by KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

I rate this place as mid way between a 7 and 8. It is just a solid counter service restaurant. We ate there several times and when the cook/server noticed I take everything no pork (try to keep largely kosher) she loaded my platter down with extra eggs.

Pros:

Good place for breakfast

Reviewed by maddox4 Review Date: 11/15/2017

We always stop here on our way home and get the carved meat sandwich of the day to go. It’s become quite the tradition and we always hope for the turkey but the ham is good also. When we were there in Sept we were not on the dining plan but it is still a reasonably priced option. The kitchen seemed a little off that day as we had to go back twice to get the correct order. When I explained we were taking it on the road they packed it with the condiments on the side which was helpful.

Pros:

relatively inexpensive

Cons:

kitchen crew not always the best

Reviewed by mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/10/2017

We made the trip out to dine here because I had to try a zebra dome which was a little less than what I expected but still good. My husband at the black angus burger and found it to be okay; however the Braa chicken flatbread & BBQ pork sandwich are the real winners here. The flatbread had such good flavor from the distinct ranch sauce used and the tangy slaw of the sandwich was the right taste. It doens't hurt that this location give you the chance to explore the Animal Kingdom lodge

Pros:

Great food, not very crowded

Cons:

Could be difficult to get to if you're not near Animal Kingdom

Reviewed by SusieH212 Review Date: 08/20/2017

I was thrilled to have cast member Liul from Vietnam, go out of her way to make sure I got my vegan Mickey waffles! Mara needs more cast members as there were long lines to order & everything needed to be refilled (cream, etc)

Pros:

Vegan option

Cons:

Needs more Cast Members

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo and Kidani)