Reviews of Boma Flavors of Africa Breakfast – Jambo House

Other Menus at Boma - Flavors of Africa

Boma - Flavors of Africa

Services: Buffet/All You Care to Eat

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/07/2022

Great great great food , stuffed French toast, pecan bread pudding and great sauce. My mom and I favorite breakfast of our trip in April 2022.

Pros:

Delicious and beautiful setting

Cons:

Hard to get a reservation

Reviewed by MFeist Review Date: 03/01/2022

Amazing! You really get your money’s worth here. So many choices, and a good blend of exotic and normal food for those of us that aren’t very adventurous. The blueberry pancakes were amazing! The staff was friendly and our waiter stopped at our table several times to see if we needed anything. We definitely plan on coming back someday.

Pros:

Plenty to choose from

Cons:

The line moved slowly

Reviewed by tetimko5 Review Date: 02/13/2021

I LOVE Boma! This is one of my favorite places for breakfast in all of Disney World. I love coming here for the buffet before getting ready to go to the parks. They have tons of options, both exotic and for picky eaters. And the pice is VERY reasonable. Even though Tusker House is a character meal, if you are looking for tasty African food, I'd suggest this one first! Don't skip out on this one if you are staying at AKL!

Pros:

THE PRICING, excellent food, great service!

Cons:

NONE, you should definitely try it!

Reviewed by DoctorFacilier Review Date: 02/10/2021

First off. The french toast bread pudding with the pecan praline drizzle is the BEST!! The offer such a wide variety of items and flavors. This is a great breakfast.

Pros:

Great variety. The french toast bread pudding. Great atmosphere

Reviewed by Cazstar Review Date: 09/05/2020

If you have a big appetite at breakfast it is worth the money. Also if you like to try new cusines.

Pros:

food choice POG juice

Cons:

Service was a little slow and we didn't get a refill on our drinks.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/24/2020

I LOVE THIS BREAKFAST! The food is amazing there is a mash up between tradition African cuisine as well as normal breakfast foods. The service is amazing and the restaurant itself is stunning and will transport you to Africa. And once you finished you meal you can head out side to say hello to zebras! I recommend trying the mango juice. This restaurant is a must do!

Pros:

Cons:

It can take a while to be seated. It also gets very crowded and reservations need to be made a month in advance

Reviewed by mcarolla Review Date: 03/31/2020

This was the best buffet. The dining area is comfortable and beautifully crafted. Our server was great! He was helpful and kind. The buffet options were crazy. You have typical American stuff with all kinds of African dishes too! It's fun to try new stuff without worrying if you don't like it.

Pros:

Food options, theme, good price

Reviewed by skipperina Review Date: 03/18/2020

Delicious

Pros:

A lot of options, different food than other buffets, beautiful atmosphere

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/21/2019

Best meal of our trip!! Food was amazing!

Pros:

Good variety Fresh Delicious

Cons:

Price

Reviewed by kekmouse Review Date: 04/28/2019

In twenty years of going to the parks, this is by far my favorite breakfast buffet. If you want a buffet experience but don't have anyone interested in meeting characters, this is the meal for you. We went for the first time on 4/24 and it was amazing. The dining room is large so you never feel like you're crowding into anyone and the waitstaff were all so polite and friendly. Our server gave us a quick rundown of each station before he got our drinks, which helped everyone avoid that awkward buffet shuffle of peak-but-don't-eat. There was a great selection of classics (waffles, bacon, omelets, meat carving, etc.) as well as the more traditional African dishes. I tried the bobotie, a sort of egg dish with meat and mushrooms. The spices weren't too overwhelming for my very bland palate and even though I'm not an egg person, I really liked it. Jamba Juice was a big hit with the kiddos, as well as the pancake station that they laid waste to. The bill brought us back to earth when we got it, but honestly, I think it was worth the price. We filled up so much in the morning that we didn't really eat much in the parks so the math might have worked in our favor. Definitely will be making this a must-stop on my next vacation.

Pros:

Great dining area, wonderful selection, quick and polite staff, not too noisy, don't have to wait long periods for characters

Cons:

Expensive, like all Disney meals, but b/c its breakfast you might save money on food for the rest of the day.

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo and Kidani)