Reviews of Sanaa Lunch/Dinner - Kidani Village

View Menus at Sanaa Dining Location

Cuisines: African

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic
Sanaa is located in Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Complete information about Sanaa including menus and photos: http://allears.net/dining/location/sanaa

Read prices, menu items, and more about Sanaa

Services: Table Service , Quick Service

Reviewed by Tanasigirl Review Date: 09/27/2016

We ate here for the first time on September 16, 2016, for my hubby's birthday. It was a stellar experience!

The atmosphere is beautiful with highly decorated ceilings, Indian-style lamps and large windows affording a good view of the animals on the savannah. The staff is knowledgeable and very attentive.

The Indian Style Bread Service is a must do. My favorite bread was the Garlic Ginger Naan and the Papadum, which had a thick, spongy texture, but I found it interesting. We ordered all 9 accompaniments (for a mere $3 extra) and it was worth it. I wish I could tell you which dip I liked best, but the names don't help me remember. However, they serve them in order of hot to mild and I liked the medium hot the best. It could have been enough for a full meal for the two of us, but we bravely plowed on.

I ate the Tandoori Chicken and enjoyed the flavor. Spicy, but just the right inch. My hubby ordered the Potjie Inspired and his meat choices were the braised beef and spicy Durban shrimp. The beef was fork tender and very flavorful. The shrimp was spicy, but again, not too much for me to try a piece. We ended with a simple Indian strawberry sorbet.

I know some complain that the food is spicy, so remember that if you have a sensitive stomach. The menu is African and Indian-inspired. The name says it all.

It is not the easiest restaurant to get to. We had to take a bus from our resort, PORS, to the Animal Kingdom Park (or any other park, whichever bus comes first), then transfer to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The bus stopped first at Jambo House and since we love it so much, we wandered around there for a few minutes. It is a short walk to the Kidani Village or you can request a shuttle ride. It was a tolerable night, so we opted for the walk.

It was a wonderful experience and I can't wait to go back!

Pros:

Awesome!

Cons:

Long travel time

Reviewed by bobbiejo1 Review Date: 09/02/2016

We were recent first time visitors to WDW. Sanaa was our favorite and best dining experience of our entire trip. The food was absolutely amazing, starting with the bread service with the accompaniments. My husband had the fish of the day, and I had the South African/Indian inspired paneer tikka and lentils with basmati rice. Our server was awesome and took the time to review the menu with us, even though he was very busy with at least 3 other tables, one with a party of at least 10. He had a great sense of humor, and was invested in making sure we enjoyed an awesome meal. This was the one table service meal we had at Disney that we didn't walk away from knowing we had overpaid!

Pros:

Food - Service - Atmosphere

Reviewed by DePasquale Review Date: 07/10/2016

It's another full theme dining experience, threaded by environment, ethnic food and staff. I'm surprised this is not a Signature restaurant.

Pros:

Food: Good Bizarre

Cons:

A little off the beaten trail if not staying at Kidani Village

Reviewed by DisneyFamily Review Date: 06/20/2016

This is our new favorite restaurant at WDW! We tried it for lunch in April 2016 and loved it so much we went a second time in the same trip. The bread service was amazing (and actually enough for a meal for several of us). The food options were so good! I'm still trying to find the recipe for the tomato soup - don't miss it! Even the kids meals were great - grilled chicken which was so juicy and the flavor was incredible. We will be going here every trip from now on. PLUS - the animals out the windows were so cool!

I will say that the easiest way to get here if you don't have your own transportation is to take a bus to Animal Kingdom and then hop on the AKL bus from there. Plan enough time to get here. It is well worth the travel time!

Pros:

Food, atmosphere

Cons:

a little bit of time to get here via park transportation

Reviewed by monorailmom Review Date: 05/03/2016

We always have an excellent experience here! Our lunch was fantastic. The food, including the famous bread service, was amazing. We had a table by the window and could see the zebras and some birds while we were eating. We will most definitely return!

Pros:

everything!

Reviewed by aknlw2003 Review Date: 09/03/2015

If you're Gluten Free and you love Naan, you have found the perfect restaurant for you. When we arrived at Sanaa we were well aware of the bread app with the chutneys, sauces, etc. We were so excited when our waitress informed us that they could offer Naan gluten free! Everywhere else in WDW you get the same old tapioca rolls, what a special change. Indian food is naturally gluten free, and there's a lot of Indian on the menu. LOVED the butter chicken, and the spicy shrimp. Both were amazing and I can't wait to go back and try other entrees. African wines were also very interesting to sample. And the animals on the Savannah just outside made for a magical night! Highly recommend!

Pros:

Gluten Free menu stellar!

Cons:

Drive to AKL

Reviewed by resjudacat Review Date: 06/16/2015

Unless you like hot, very spicy food, this place is not for you! I couldn't anything on the menu other than the Indian bread service and dessert! They need to have something for those who do not like hot and spicy food! I found it to be inedible.

Pros:

View of the animals!

Cons:

Food!

Reviewed by Irene Review Date: 02/09/2015

Nothing but great things to say about this restaurant. Service was exceptional. Flavors were outstanding. I am allergic to coriander, so asked if other menu items, not listing coriander did in fact contain coriander. The chef came out and explained what foods to avoid. She then made me a chicken dish with all the flavors, minus the coriander. It was wonderful. Thank you Disney for this service.
Oh yes, the scenery isn't too bad either :-)

Reviewed by CinCin Review Date: 01/21/2015

I dined here on a day I was visiting the Animal Kingdom park so it was a quick trip over for a meal and a relaxing break from the park touring. The bus ride was only a few short minutes. When I arrived at check in I was given a pager and I went outside to the viewing area to watch the animals. There were several zebras out grazing and some ankole cattle, ostriches and crowned cranes wandering about. The animals are surprisingly close and viewing is easy. I only had a few minutes of viewing though before my pager went off to let me know my table is ready. The restaurant is beautiful and decorate with real African artwork and textiles and all the chairs and tables were different. I was seated 1 row in from the windows and had a wonderful view of the savannah for lunch. Even with others seated at the tables next to the windows, I still had a good view although somewhat obstructed in places. The food here was very good and very spicy as well. I love spice but this was moderate sweat. It was well above mild or medium, but not super hot and sweat inducing. I started with the Indian style bread service and chose Onion Kulcha, Garlic Ginger naan, and spiced naan. This came with my choice of 3 dips so I picked Coriander chutney, Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus, Tamarind Chutney. I loved all the dips but was not fond of the onion kulcha. I expected it to be like an onion roll which has onion sprinkled on top, but this was two thin sheets of bread with heavy onions spread between the middle. It was good, but too oniony for me so I wouldn't order it again. I would choose all 9 dips next time just to taste them all. For my entree I chose the "slow cooked in gravy, simple and well seasoned" Butter Chicken and Chicken Vindaloo which was served with basmati rice. When they say well seasoned, they mean it. it came with a small bowl of rice and I wish there had been double the rice. I happen to love basmati rice, but more than that, it took the edge off the heat from the spice. I don't like dark meat chicken, so the chef prepared me a dish with all white meat which was really superior Disney service. It turned out wonderful but I think the full meat version is probably much more tender as it had the benefit of slow cooking all day. For dessert I chose the Tanzanian Chocolate Mousse with Kenya Coffee and Caramel. It was a delicious and not too heavy end to a wonderful meal. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal here and I would not hesitate to return. This may not be a great place for everyone with the ethic choices and spices used, but it was a delightful change from theme park food and worth the trip over. The food was fantastic, the service was great, the atmosphere of the restaurant and the hotel itself is worth a visit just to see, and then you have the wild animals roaming the savannah. Yes, please.

Pros:

unique dishes, spicy food, incredible views of animals close up, beautiful restaurant

Cons:

must travel to Kidani to dine, time consuming unless you are coming from Animal Kindom

Reviewed by powlen21 Review Date: 09/23/2014

I ate my first honeymoon lunch at Sanna. We were given a table by the window and received complimentary appetizer, dessert, and champagne. This was the only restaurant during our stay where the server offered to take pictures of us and truly tried to make the meal a great experience. Make Sanaa a priority for your vacation.

Pros:

best meal I ever had, service, view, food

Cons:

can't think of any

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo and Kidani)