Reviews of Jiko - The Cooking Place - Jambo House

Cuisines: African, American
Full Service - Dinner
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/jiko-the-cooking-place/dinner
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/jiko-the-cooking-place/child-dinner

Reviewed by Cazstar Review Date: 09/05/2020

The filet is amazing!! Could not recommend enough.

Pros:

Food without a doubt Service was amazing too

Cons:

n/a

Reviewed by Simma Review Date: 03/15/2020

Romantic signature dining restaurant at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Hands down the best steak I’ve ever eaten in my life! Service was impeccable. Extensive wine list!

Pros:

Steak African Wine

Reviewed by AmberMac Review Date: 02/06/2020

I ate here on a solo trip and I was very impressed. I tried beef carpaccio for the first time in my life! The food was flavorful and different for me. However, I’m not sure that this would be a place for people who are not adventurous in trying new things to eat. They don’t do bland here.

Pros:

Different Beautiful atmosphere

Cons:

Service was a little slow

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/01/2019

I would give Jiko 100 stars if I could. This place is amazing. The food was great and the service is tops. We dined here on 9/27/19. My DH got the bone-in rib eye and I ordered the filet with the Mac and cheese. Both dishes were outstanding.
If you are on Mickey overload, please give Jiko a try. You won’t be disappointed. Just remember, it is signature dining and has a requested dress code of resort casual.

Pros:

Service Food Atmosphere

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 08/30/2019

Simply amazing. I've never been to Victoria & Albert's - I plan to in a future trip - but I have been to a number of other Disney upscale restaurants (California Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Narcoosee's, Citricos, Le Cellier, Hollywood Brown Derby, Shula's, bluezoo, Il Mulino, Monsieur Paul) and a number of hidden gems/lesser ballyhooed but great places (Spice Road Table, The Wave, Skipper Canteen, Artist Point (pre-character), Turf Club Bar & Grill, Boma), and enjoyed them all. But Jiko is easily the best on Disney property that I've ever been to. I've dined at Jiko 5 times now, and each time has been the same incredible experience. Great wine list, impeccable service. But the star is the food. This is the kind of dinner you get excited about. I try to resist the urge to get the filet, which is the best filet I've ever had, usually to give in anyway, and then try a bite or two of my wife's entree, which is always creative and equally amazing. Can't say enough about this place. Delivers excellence. Every. Single. Time.

Pros:

Service, atmosphere, wine, and the food, food, food.

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

the filet with the mac and cheese was the best, they also bring you a little spoon from the Chef with a taste of one of his favorites. It think this one was the wild boar, it was good what ever it was. the desserts are unusual and fun to try. If we cant get a reservation we ask if there is room at the area where they make the flatbreads and salads (it is just the two of us). It is fun to watch them make the stuff and they talk to you while they make it.

Pros:

Excellent food beautiful area

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Amazing place, probably the best I have been to in Disney. Sanaa is about the same but it's cheaper. Great food, great service. I haven't been to many Signature restaurants at Disney but this has been the best I have been to.

Pros:

Great great food.

Cons:

Is pricey (but worth it)

Reviewed by Alexandra1986 Review Date: 09/28/2018

We ate at Jiko on August 29, 2018 for our Anniversary dinner. The staff here is wonderful and extremely welcoming. I started with the appetizer Inguday Tibs in Brik which was amazing, super crunchy filo outside and mushrooms, spinach with cheese inside highly recommend, for the main course I had the filet with mac and cheese which was perfectly cooked and tender. My husband had the Elk Confit flatbread which was so delicious with a little bit of spice heat on it, and he had the Durham ranch elk loin for main course he said was good and tender but found the portion a little on the small size. Overall we really enjoyed the meal and atmosphere of the restaurant and would recommend for anyone wanting something a little more unique for dinner.

Pros:

Service was excellent, food was amazing

Reviewed by cmschn Review Date: 09/27/2018

Wow, what an amazing experience. Our meal was at a very leisurely pace and so fantastic. We had the Taste of Africa, which was delicious. My husband had the Filet Mignon and I had the seafood curry. Both were great. We were here for the wine and it didn’t disappoint. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly. Everything was above and beyond expectations and I would love to go here again.

Pros:

Extensive wine list, knowledgeable servers, delicious and unique food, elegant yet leisurely ambiance

Cons:

If you are in a rush, don’t go here, but why would you be in a rush??

Reviewed by KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

If this rating system went above 10 it would get the max allowed. This is by far my favorite place to eat in all of WDW and I do believe its the best restaurant in WDW. I had the Taste of Africa for an appetizer and the Durham Elk Loin as a main. They were both incredible and I highly recommend this place.

Pros:

Incredible Food

Cons:

Other topics in Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo and Kidani)