A VERY important holiday is coming up — do you know what it is?
Well, it’s CHURRO DAY, of course! National Churro Day takes place on June 6th and you’ll want to be prepared to celebrate. You can pick up churro ears in Disney World, read about why churros are some of the BEST snacks in Disneyland, and even make your own Disney churro bites at home. But now we’ve got more updates!
A few new churro treats are currently available at Disneyland Resort but they won’t be sticking around forever. Note that some of these have been around for a few weeks, but they’ll be gone before you know it. If you want to try these, you’ll want to get them soon. Here’s a list so you can know exactly where to go:
“it’s a small world” Churro Cart (Available through August 31)
- Powdered Sugar Churro: Churro covered in Powdered Sugar (New)
- Guava-Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce (New)
Tomorrowland Churro Cart (Available through August 31)
- Chai-spiced Churro with Coffee Cream: Churro rolled in chai-spiced sugar served with a coffee cream (New)
- Coffee Cream Dipping Sauce (New)
Town Square Churro Cart (Available through August 31)
- Tropical Churro: Churro with pineapple-flavored sugar, topped with coconut cream drizzle (New)
Sleeping Beauty Castle Churro Cart (Available through August 31)
- Sweet Pineapple Dipping Sauce: Pineapple-flavored cream cheese with wafer crumbles topped with a cherry (New)
Disney California Adventure Park
Willie’s Churros on Buena Vista Street
- Spicy Chile-Cheese Churro: Churro dusted with crushed spicy cheese chips & chile-lime sugar dressed with nacho cheese sauce and crushed spicy cheese chips (New) (Available through June 28)
- Strawberry Lemonade Churro: Churro dusted with strawberry sugar and dressed with a lemon sauce and freeze-dried strawberries (New) (Available June 29 through August 31)
Cozy Cone Motel – Cozy Cone 1 (Available through August 31; mobile order available)
- Chocolate-Hazelnut Strawberry Churro: Churro tossed in cinnamon sugar with chocolate-hazelnut spread and freeze-dried strawberries (New)
Goofy’s Sky School Churro Cart (Available through August 31)
- S’mores Churro: Churro rolled in graham cracker sugar, topped with marshmallow crème and chocolate pieces (New)
Hollywood Land Churro Cart (Available through August 31)
- Bacon PB&J Churro: Classic churro rolled in banana sugar, drizzled with peanut butter and jelly, and topped with crispy bacon (New)
Terran Treats (Available through August 31)
- Cosmic Disturbance Churro made with freeze-dried SKITTLES bite-sized candies, popping candy, and blue curaçao-flavored drizzle (New)
Not going to Disneyland? There are plenty of churro options for you to check out in Disney World too! You can pick up a churro at the reopened snack spot in EPCOT near Mission: SPACE (or many other locations throughout the parks).
Some of the more unique or delicious churro options include the Churro Sundae at La Cantina de San Angel…
…the amazing churros from Nomad Lounge…
…and some of the more unique flavors at Sunshine Churros in Disney Springs.
To make churros at home, click here for a recipe on churro bites, and here for a recipe to make Mickey churro marshmallow wands!
Stay tuned for more Disney news.
Which of these churros would you want to try? Tell us in the comments!