But, if you’ve watched Pixar’s Monsters, Inc., you might know that the Yeti is known for something else in the Disney-sphere — snow cones! You might remember the scene from the movie where the Abominable Snowman offers Mike and Sulley a batch of his Lemon Yellow Snow Cones, and, now you can make them at home!
Disney has introduced many frozen treats in the parks over the years, but you won’t have to travel to the Japan Pavillon in EPCOT or to the Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats at Pixar Pier in Disney California Adventure anymore. Here’s the FULL recipe for the Abominable Snowman’s Lemon Snow Cones from Monsters, Inc.!
- 6 lemons
- 2 cups of sugar (put the diet on hold!)
- 1 TBSP of corn syrup
- 1/4 cup of water
- Yellow food coloring
- Squeeze the lemons to make about 1 cup of juice.
- Combine the lemon juice, sugar, corn syrup and water in a pot. Simmer over medium heat. Whisk until everything is combined.
- Remove the mixture from heat and allow to cool. Add yellow food coloring and stir until mixture is a bright yellow.
- Make shaved ice using a blender or snow cone machine.
- Combine shaved ice and yellow syrup mixture in a large bowl. Mix until ice is fully covered.
- Serve the mixture in paper cones.
And, then it’s time to enjoy your treat with friends and family!
If you’re in the mood for more Disney recipes, then you’re in luck! We’ve got hundreds of different recipes to try, so be sure to check them out and stay tuned to AllEars for more!
Was the Yeti’s lemon ice extra nice? Let us know in the comments