This week, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort began its lengthy refurbishment, which has extended its closure through summer 2021. When the project is completed, the Polynesian will have a new entryway, enhanced gardens and fountains, and Moana-inspired guest rooms.
Part of the work being done includes the renovation of the resort’s Monorail station, which will eventually be unavailable to guests staying at the Polynesian Villas and Bungalows, which are remaining open through construction.
In Disney’s original announcement, the Monorail station at the Polynesian was set to close temporarily in early October. But now it looks like the work has been delayed, and guests have a few more weeks to catch the Monorail from that station.
Disney’s website now says that Monorail service to the resort will be temporarily suspended beginning on November 2nd, 2020. At this time, Disney has not confirmed exactly how long the station will be closed once work begins.
If you have an upcoming reservation at the Polynesian Resort Villas, keep in mind that a pedestrian walkway is nearing completion at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. So, if you feel like getting your steps in, you will soon have walking access to Magic Kingdom from the Polynesian!
We will keep checking in on the construction happening at the Polynesian and will provide updates as we learn more!
Do you have an upcoming reservation at the Polynesian? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News
- These Were the Wait Times in Disney World on October 24th
- The Waffles Booth Has Added BRAND NEW Sweet and Savory Items for the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival!
- FIRST LOOK! The Iconic Mickey Balloon Ears Got a Holiday Makeover Ahead of Christmas in Disney World!
- PHOTOS: The Crescent Solarium Has Re-Opened to Guests at Disney’s Beach Club Resort!
- This Disney World Holiday Spirit Jersey Is A Winter Wonderland
- There Are Two NEW Baby Animals at Disney’s Animal Kingdom — And They Are ADORABLE!
- NEWS: Disney World Extends Select Park Hours For the Holiday Season!
- NEWS: Disney World Extends Weekend Hours in November!
- If You Only Eat at ONE Table Service Restaurant in Each Walt Disney World Park, Go Here.
- Crowd Update! Here’s What Magic Kingdom Looked Like Today
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!