Recently, we shared the news that Disney was permanently closing Stitch’s Great Escape, along with Rivers of Light and Primeval Whirl.
During a trip to Magic Kingdom today, we stopped by the former location of Stitch’s Great Escape to find that work is currently in progress to remove any trace of the attraction.
As we entered Tomorrowland, we noticed that the sign that was outside the entrance to Stitch’s Great Escape had been removed.
Note that the most previous signage was NOT for Stitch’s Great Escape. The signage had switched over to say “Stitch’s Alien Encounter Character Greeting” for a period of time, which only led more people to believe that the attraction was on its way out for good. And with character meet and greets suspended until further notice, there is no usage for the space as it currently stands.
Walking by its former location, you would never be able to tell that the attraction was here in the first place.
There has been no announcements as to what will take the place of Stitch’s Great Escape. However, we will keep a watchful eye on this location in Tomorrowland and will provide any updates as we learn more!
Were you a fan of Stitch’s Great Escape? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!