As Disney World opens to introduce new things, a few of our old favorites will be leaving the parks.
Although Disney has already started to create new attractions, restaurants, and more coming soon, experiences that have been in the parks for a bit of time will be retiring soon.
According to reporter Scott Gustin, Disney has confirmed that three of its attractions will not be reopening in the parks. Although they have all been closed for a prolonged period of time, Animal Kingdom’s Primeval Whirl and Rivers of Light along with Magic Kingdom’s Stitch’s Great Escape will reportedly be permanently closed.
Disney confirms Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom, Stitch's Great Escape at Magic Kingdom and Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom are permanently closed. pic.twitter.com/dapOGOlbWt
— Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) July 16, 2020
Primeval Whirl was a roller coaster attraction that would only open seasonally, so it wasn’t offered year-round in DinoLand, U.S.A. Stitch’s Great Escape has already been closed since 2018 with no new plans for a replacement attraction. However, guests would be able to go inside for photos with Stitch during events like Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
We’ll keep you updated when Disney World officially issues an announcement about these attractions!
What is your favorite attraction in the parks? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World