As Walt Disney World’s theme parks prepare to reopen, Disney’s transportation systems are also set to welcome guests back. While parking lot trams will not be available when the theme parks reopen, other transportation systems will reopen, such as the Monorail and Skyliner.
The Disney Skyliner will resume operation on July 15th. When it does, physical-distancing guidelines will be in place to keep travel parties separate from one another. We have already seen physical distancing implemented on the Monorail with barriers, and now we have additional information on how Disney intends to keep their guests safe on the Skyliner.
Disney has confirmed that the Skyliner system “will load one party per gondola.”
The gondolas can accommodate up to 10 guests at a time and were often loaded with multiple travel parties in a single gondola before the closures. When a wheelchair, ECV, or stroller is on board, the guest capacity drops to six guests.
If you plan on using the Skyliner when it reopens next week, be prepared for possible increased wait times with this new loading system in place. We will continue to provide transportation updates as we learn more ahead of the theme parks reopening!
Will you use the Disney Skyliner when it reopens on July 15th? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World