Earlier today we reported the news that Universal Orlando had proposed a reopening plan to the Florida Orange County Task Force.
Universal Orlando’s submitted plan proposed re-opening to the public on June, 5. Additionally, they would soft open on June 1-2 for Team Members and on June 3-4 for Annual Passholders.
And tonight, Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings announced he is approving their proposal to re-open.
In the morning, Mayor Demings will submit his approval of the plan to Governor DeSantis, who’s final approval is needed before Universal can reopen.
Mayor Demings went on to discuss the measurements required for theme parks to reopen, which include appropriate screening of both guests and employees, appropriate social distancing measures, and appropriate sanitization practices.
Mayor Demings also noted that when Universal Orlando reopens to the general public, it will be a “significantly reduced number of guests that will be attending their park.”
Currently Universal Orlando is the only major theme park that has submitted the required reopening proposal to the Orange County Task Force. During his interview with CNBC, Mayor Demings stated that Walt Disney World would present their re-opening proposal next week.
This is a developing story — we will keep you updated to the Governor’s decision, which will officially set Universal Orlando’s re-opening date.
Will you be attending Universal Orlando when they re-open? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Disney Parks closures?
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Here's Everything That Disney World is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closure
- Here's Everything That Disneyland is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closures
- Here's Everything That the Disney Cruise Line is Refunding Due to Suspended Itineraries
- Should I Cancel My Disney Trip? Taking a Closer Look at Our Most FAQ
- Flattening the Curve: Why Disney is Closing Everything
- All the Times That Disney World and Disneyland Have Closed Throughout History