Recipes Narcoossee’s Chowder Narcoossee’s Restaurant Grand Floridian Resort
1 large Sweet Onion, diced
1/2 cup Carrots, peeled and diced
1/2 cup Celery, diced
1/2 cup Brandy
1 cup Chardonnay
1/2 pound Tuna Filet, trimmed and diced
1/2 pound Salmon filet, trimmed and diced
1/2 pound Whitefish, trimmed and diced
1/2 pound Langostino
1 cup Lobster stock
1 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 teaspoon Old bay seafood seasoning
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
1/2 cup Tomato paste
1/4 teaspoon Paprika
2 tablespoons Butter, melted
2 1/4 tablespoons Flour
1/2 cup Potatoes, Idaho, diced
1/4 cup Safflower oil- to saute
1 tablespoon Garlic Puree
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat safflower oil in the kettle.
2. Add onions, carrots, celery, and season with salt and pepper – cook until translucent.
3. Add diced fish and cook through.
4. Deglaze with wine and reduce. Add brandy. Simmer for a few minutes.
5. Add lobster stock, heat to a simmer. Add cream. Heat until simmer yet again.
6. Reduce for 30 minutes and add diced lobster meat.
7. Make roux out of butter and flour. Add roux to the chowder and mix carefully.
8. Simmer for 1 hour.