Recipe Sundried Tomato Pesto Tony’s Town Square Magic Kingdom
Yield: 2.5 cups
4 oz. olive oil
4 oz. sundried tomatoes (rehydrated till tender)
2 T basil (fresh)
2 T Italian parsley (chopped)
1 T garlic (fresh, chopped)
2 oz. Parmesan cheese (grated)
2 oz. pine nuts (chopped)
2 oz. balsamic vinegar
1 T tomato paste
3 oz. crushed canned tomato
2 oz. red wine
1 oz. white onion (diced)
1. First rehydrate sundried tomatoes by soaking in warm water for a few minutes, until tender.
2. Place basil, garlic, pine nuts, parsley, onion, and sundried tomato in food
processor or blender.
3. Puree until well incorporated.
4. Add all remaining ingredients except Parmesan and olive oil. Once again puree until incorporated.
5. Finally stir in olive oil and Parmesan cheese, salt to taste.