Recipe SEAFOOD COUSCOUS STEW Boma Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 4 servings
1 quart Israeli (Pearl) Couscous
4 tablespoons Olive Oil
½ cup Red Onion, diced
2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
½ cup Carrots, diced
2 quarts Fish Stock
1 cup White Wine
1 teaspoon Curry Powder
To Taste Red Pepper Flakes
1 tablespoon Turmeric
12 each Mussels
1 cup Bay Shrimp
1 cup Bay Scallops
¼ pound Unsalted Butter
½ cup Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
½ cup Tomatoes, diced
1. Add olive oil to preheated heavy bottomed saucepan. Add couscous and toast lightly. Add onion, garlic, and carrots, stirring constantly.
2. Add enough fish stock and white wine to cover the couscous and let simmer. Add curry, turmeric, and red pepper flakes. Add scallops, shrimp, and mussels.
3. Once the couscous has absorbed all of the liquids, continue to add enough fish stock and white wine to cover the cous cous. Adjust seasoning. Continue to add fish stock as needed while checking the doneness of the couscous. (Typically it will take four additions of fish stock to complete the dish.)
4. When couscous is al dente, dice butter. Take the couscous off the heat and stir in the butter.
5. Garnish with chopped flat leaf parsley and diced tomatoes.