Today, the Walt Disney Company is sharing the earnings of their fourth quarter of Fiscal Year 2020-2021, which ended in late September. These reports and earnings calls give us a snapshot look at how the company is currently performing across its business segments, including theme parks and their streaming services.
One of the big updates we look forward to hearing each quarter is an update on their Disney+ subscriber count. While Disney used to provide regular updates when the streaming service was first released, those have happened less frequently over the past year. But, now we’ve got a look at where subscriptions stand right now!
As of October 2nd, 2021, Disney+ has amassed a total of 118.1 million subscribers. This is up roughly 1% compared to Q3 in which Disney+ had 116M subscribers and up by 60% compared to their subscriber count at this time in 2020.
The long-term goal remains to reach between 230 and 260 million subscribers by the end of fiscal 2024, which they are on track to achieve according to Walt Disney Company CEO, Bob Chapek.
In addition, Hulu has reached a total of 43.8M subscribers, and ESPN+ has reached a total of 17.1M subscribers, giving all three streaming services a grand total of 179M subscribers as of this writing.
This update comes just days before Disney+ Day, which will celebrate the second anniversary of the launch of Disney’s streaming service. The day is set to be filled with big premieres, including the arrival of Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Jungle Cruise becoming available to all subscribers at no additional cost, as well as the debut of Enchanted!
We’ll continue to bring you the latest breaking news from the Walt Disney Company as we learn more about its fourth-quarter report, so be sure to follow along!
What are you looking forward to the most on Disney+ in the coming months? Let us know in the comments!
Disney Film and Television News
- 17 Hidden Details You Missed in Marvel’s ‘Moon Knight’ on Disney+
- NEWS: Katherine Nelson Named VP of Corporate Communications for Disney Branded TV
- NEWS: ‘Trevor: The Musical’ Gets Disney+ Release Date
- AllEars TV: Fans HATE Disney’s New Dr. Strange Movie
- Zac Efron Is Open To Appearing In a ‘High School Musical’ Sequel
- Disney+ Subscribers Have Increased Substantially Since Last Year
- NEWS: A ‘Descendants’ Sequel is Coming to Disney+
- PHOTO: First Look at Upcoming ‘Santa Clause’ Series for Disney+
- “Disney Magic Quest” Returning This Summer to Disney Channel
- VIDEO: See the Teaser Trailer for the Upcoming Avatar Sequel!