It’s been almost two years since Disney+ debuted as the newest streaming platform for Disney movies!
Ever since, we’ve been bringing you all of the news on the latest releases, keeping up with the new Star Wars and Marvel series, and more. And, now Disney has released information about how they will be celebrating Disney+ subscribers for its 2-year anniversary!
Disney+ Day has become an annual event where Disney shares the latest updates on the platform and, historically, they’ve shared some BIG news on what shows and movies are coming in the next year. And, this year, Disney+ Day will again take place on November 12th (the day that it was originally released) with brand new content releases and a “special presentation on Disney+ for fans” full of sneak peeks on upcoming releases.
On Disney+, subscribers will have access to over 11 NEW series, shorts, and movies including:
- The streaming premiere of Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings
- Disney’s family-friendly adventure film Jungle Cruise, available to all subscribers
- The new Disney+ Original movie Home Sweet Home Alone, a reimagining of the popular holiday franchise
- An all-new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called Olaf Presents, which sees Frozen’s beloved snowman retelling several classic Disney tales as only he can
— Disney (@Disney) September 21, 2021
- The domestic Disney+ streaming debut of fan-favorite shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios including Frozen Fever, Oscar®-winning shorts Feast and Paperman, Oscar-nominated Mickey Mouse short Get A Horse! and more
- An animated short film Ciao Alberto from Pixar, featuring characters from this summer’s animated hit breakout film Luca
- A new short from The Simpsons that pays tribute to Disney+’s marquee brands
- The first five episodes from season two of The World According to Jeff Goldblum from National Geographic
- A special celebrating the origins and legacy of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with an exciting look towards the future
- Dopesick, an original series starring Michael Keaton, which will be released in international markets as part of the Star general entertainment content offering
Plus, Disney+’s special presentation is set to include “breaking news, first looks, new trailers, exclusive clips, and appearances from Disney+ creators and stars.”
But, you won’t just have to celebrate Disney+ Day just from the couch — there will also be special experiences and opportunities in the Disney Parks and Resorts, on the Disney Cruise Line, and more. Offerings will include photo opportunities and special character interactions in the parks, shopDisney will be hosting special offers, and popular Disney network shows will join in the celebrations.
And, Disney+ will be making its debut abroad in both South Korea and Taiwan on November 12th and Hong Kong on November 16th.
— Disney+ (@disneyplus) September 22, 2021
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Are you a Disney+ subscriber? Let us know in the comments!