In its first two years since launching in November of 2019, Disney+ has grown to be a household staple for many families around the world. From favorite classic films to brand-new releases, it seems like you’ll never run out of things to watch!
With so much growth in the first two years, many may be wondering what’s next for the streaming service. Disney CEO Bob Chapek participated in the Goldman Sachs 30th Annual Communacopia Conference today and provided some insight for what fans can expect in the months and years to come.
One of the topics that was brought up during the conversation with Chapek included the possibility of advertising on Disney+. Currently, subscribers won’t see any ads playing in front of or during any content, like they would on Hulu.
Chapek noted that if advertising were to come to Disney+, it would look very different than it does on Hulu, given that Disney+ caters to a much younger audience, specifically an audience that is very child-focused.
Chapek went on to say “That doesn’t say that in the future we might not look at different opportunities for an increased level of…advertising across our platforms.” For now, however, it looks like Disney is keeping things the way they are.
We’ll continue to keep an eye on any new developments from Disney+, especially as Disney+ Day approaches — it takes place on November 12th, so be sure to follow along for the latest announcements and updates!
What has been your favorite new series on Disney+ so far? Let us know in the comments!
Disney Film and Television News
- Disney’s ‘Encanto’ Scored BIG at the Grammy Awards
- Important Details You NEED to Know About Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at the Disney Parks
- NEWS: Disney Pushes Back on Streaming Lawsuit
- A New Movie Is Now on Disney+
- ‘Avatar’ Sequel Dethrones ‘Star Wars’ in Box Office Records
- Marvel Fans, Set Your Alarms for February 6th!
- Everything NEW Coming to Netflix in February
- 2 More Stars Join Disney’s ‘Percy Jackson’ Series
- See Which Disney Film Was the Most-Streamed Movie of 2022 (By a LONG Shot)
- Check Out the Full List of Disney’s 2023 Oscar Nominations!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!