Disney’s going all out as musical continue to return soon. We already know that a new Winnie the Pooh musical will be coming to the stage, while film adaptations of “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” and “Better Nate Than Ever.”
But, live theater will be returning to the Florida area soon too!
The Orlando Sentinel has reported that the Central Florida Community Arts will be bringing music, theater, and youth experiences to the stage this Fall! Along with the music from popular theatrical composers like Andrew Lloyd Webber and Stephen Schwartz, there will even be songs from Disney films, parks, and more!
Here’s a look at all the entertainment you can expect to see through the Fall:
Music and Dance
- Topsy Turvy Masquerade: A Celebration of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Stephen Schwartz: Aug. 26-27 at Northland Church, 520 Dog Track Road in Longwood. The CFCArts Community Choir concert features favorites from “The Phantom of the Opera,” “Godspell,” “Cats,” “Children of Eden,” “The Hunchback of Notre Dame,” “Jesus Christ Superstar” and more.
- Ritmo del Sol: A Latin Jazz Celebration: Sept. 18 at Apopka Amphitheater, 3710 Jason Dwelley Parkway in Apopka. The CFCArts Big Band marks Hispanic Heritage Month with a concert of salsa, samba, Afro-Cuban bop, bossa nova and more.
- Symphonic Disney: The Most Magical Music on Earth: Nov. 4-5 at Northland Church. CFCArts celebrates the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World with music from attractions such as The Haunted Mansion, Soarin’, and Pirates of the Caribbean; nighttime spectaculars “Wishes,” “Fantasmic!” and “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth”; and movies including “Up,” “Frozen” and “The Lion King.”
- You Make Me Feel: Nov. 12-13 at a location to be announced. The CFCArts Women’s Chorale performs music from artists including Dolly Parton, Beyoncé, Cher, Whitney Houston and more.
- A Holiday Homecoming: Dec. 9-10 at Northland Church. The choir and symphony orchestra are joined by the CFCArts Dance Company for a seasonal celebration that includes favorites such as “O Holy Night” and “Deck the Halls” with a traditional retelling of the Christmas story.
- Ragtime: A Summer Broadway Benefit Concert: Sept. 2-3 at Northland Church. This concert staging of the Broadway hit follows white, Black and Jewish-immigrant families at the turn of the 20th century as they experience the good and bad of America: wealth and poverty, freedom and prejudice, hope and despair.
- ‘Peter and the Starcatcher’: Oct. 8-31 at CFCArts Black Box Theatre, 250 SW Ivanhoe Blvd. in Orlando. This comic adventure tells the back story of how an orphan became “the boy who would not grow up,” better known as Peter Pan.
- ‘Rachel’: Nov. 12-21 at CFCArts Black Box Theatre. An African-American family at the turn of the 20th century strives for happiness in this drama. Rachel, an ambitious high-school graduate haunted by her family’s past, struggles to find love and maintain hope in the face of the era’s racism.
The Central Florida Community Arts will be hosting original high-school student work from June 18th to June 19th, as well as Disney’s “Frozen Jr.” on July 30th and July 31st at the CFCArts Black Box Theatre. Then, the Trinity Preparatory School in Winter Park will showcase “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” from September 17th through the 18th, followed by “Meet Me in St. Louis” from December 17th to the 18.
We’ll give you a look at all the other entertainment coming to Florida and the Disney Parks soon. And, you can stay tuned with All Ears for the latest Disney news!
What is your favorite Disney musical? Let us know in the comments below!
- VIDEO: You’ve NEVER Seen Disney World’s Happily Ever After Like This
- NEWS: Beauty and the Beast Stage Show Gets a Reopening Date in Disney World
- The BEST Places to Watch EPCOT’s New Fireworks Show: Harmonious!
- Jeff Bezos Awards $100 Million to Jaleo Owner and Chef José Andrés
- Adventures by Disney Cancels Additional Southern California Trips Through the End of the Year
- How Many People Are Actually Buying Disney+ Premier Access?
- First Look at the President Biden Animatronic Coming to Disney World’s Hall of Presidents
- PHOTOS: You Can Get a NEW Moana-Themed Dole Whip in Disney World!
- What the ‘Loki’ Finale Means for the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Will the Weather in Disney World FINALLY Break the Heat Streak This Week?