We can’t help but feel excited over all the content coming to Disney+ this month and near future!
And, we’re calling all musical fans because there’s a NEW film coming to the streaming service that will make you want to sing along!
Deadline has shared that Lisa Kudrow has been cast in Disney+’s new musical comedy, “Better Nate Than Ever.” But, even though you might know Kudrow as singer-songwriter Phoebe Buffay in Friends, her character won’t be singing in the film.
The musical will be produced by Marc Platt, who has also worked on La La Land, Mary Poppins Returns, and Cruella. Tim Federle will adapt and direct the show based on his own novel, after previous show-running Disney’s High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. The story will follow 13-year-old Pittsburgh resident Nate Foster who sneaks to a major musical audition with his best friend Libby, after not being cast in their school play. After they run into Nate’s long-lost aunt Heidi (Kudrow), they will have to work together to make their dreams come true.
Disney has already undergone casting for Nate and Libby earlier in the year. But, no names have been announced yet for the child actors and singers. Filming is currently underway in New York by Disney’s live-action team. And, we’ll be sure to update you on everything you need to know about the upcoming movie musical! Stay tuned with All Ears for the latest Disney entertainment and news!
What upcoming Disney movie are you looking forward to the most? Let us know in the comments below!
- Get an Exclusive Look Inside Disney’s Avengers Campus Tomorrow Night!
- New Magazine on Amazon Features OVER 50 Secret Disney Recipes!
- The 10 Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for ‘Star Wars’ Fans!
- The BEST Marvel Deals for Amazon Prime Day
- The Best Disney Amazon Prime Day Deals for Kids
- The BEST Disney Prime Day Deals Under $10!
- How Crowded Is it in Disney World Right Now?
- The 6 Fan Theories You Need to Read After Episode Two of Marvel’s ‘Loki’
- Disney/Pixar’s ‘Luca’ Easter Eggs You Don’t Want to Miss!
- Would You Be Willing to Drop OVER $300 for This Marvel Collectible?