We love Disney food and if we could, we would spend all our time making meals at home like Mickey waffles, the Blue Corn Pupusa from the 2021 EPCOT Festival of the Arts, and Minnie Mouse’s Whipped Matcha!
The cool thing about this recipe for Mickey Mouse Potato Cakes is that it’s plant-based and pretty healthy! These potato cakes are also super-easy to make and are perfect as leftovers for the next day.
Here’s how to make them:
- 1 lb. (3 medium) russet potatoes, peeled, boiled, and mashed or pureed in a blender
- One 3.2 oz GoGo squeeZ Apple Apple Fruit-on-the-Go Pouch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp whole wheat flour (plus more for dusting each patty)
- Non-stock cooking spray or olive oil in a mister
- Boil or microwave potatoes until they’re soft enough to mash or blend into a puree.
- Combine the potatoes, cheddar, egg, GoGosqueeZ applesauce, and flour in a bowl. Mix well.
- Scoop out the mixture to form into 12 small round patties.
- Sprinkle whole wheat flour over each patty.
- Spray a heated pan with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil in a mister and place the patties in the pan with three together each to form a Mickey Mouse head.
- Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and serve with sour cream, chives, and more applesauce for dipping!
Sounds yummy! We also think you could make these in a Mickey Mouse waffle maker (waffle makers are so versatile, after all). Let us know if you try this and we’ll be sure to keep you updated on other Disney recipes, too!
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!