However, Brightline has been recently been in talks about bringing a high-speed train to Disney World that would connect it to other stops, including the Orlando International Airport. As the railway begins its construction, stops along the way have started to be confirmed since it will stretch from Orlando to Miami.
According to Spectrum News 13, Brightline has now confirmed that it will actually be adding a high-speed rail station to Disney Springs! Currently, Disney has entered an agreement with the company about the project, even though construction and funding details haven’t been released just yet.
Brightline stated that “The design concept for the proposed station at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World includes a lobby on the ground level, passenger facilities and an upper level train platform. The proposed location would be in close proximity to Walt Disney World Resort’s four theme parks, two water parks and more than 25 hotels.”
Since so many visitors visit Florida specifically for the theme parks, Brightline found it necessary to include Disney World as one of its stops. Brightline CEO Patrick Goddard noted, “Brightline will offer a car-free connection to the millions of visitors from around the state and the world who plan to make Walt Disney World a part of their vacation plans. Our mission has always been to connect our guests to the people and places that matter, and Walt Disney World Resort is a tremendous example of this.”
As construction for the railway leading from South Florida to Central Florida continues, crews are looking to have it completed by 2022. While there will be stations at the new Terminal C at the Orlando International Airport and Disney Springs, the Brightline track will also stop at West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and other cities along the way.
Disney has also released in a statement that “[their] agreement is conditioned upon Brightline’s satisfaction of certain obligations including obtaining all necessary government approvals.” The president of Walt Disney World Resort Jeff Vahle has expressed that “We’re excited to work with Brightline as they pursue the potential development of a train station at Walt Disney World Resort, a project that would support our local economy and offer a bold, forward-looking transportation solution for our community and guests.”
As more details are released about the Brightline station coming to Disney Springs, we’ll be sure to keep you updated!
Will you be going on the high-speed train when it debuts in Disney World? Let us know in the comments below!
- The World of Disney, Love Series Collectible Keys Will Be Released Next Week!
- Six Things We Can’t Wait to Eat at Walt Disney World in 2021
- PHOTOS: Tom Sawyer Island Refurbishment Progressing in Disney World!
- You Can Pre-Order a Portable Posable Baby Yoda!
- There are Pins to Go With the 1000 Other Things in the Disney Cat and Dog Line!
- The Disney Dogs and Cats Dresses Have Arrived in Disney World!
- The 5 Worst Meals in Disney World According to You
- Tom Holland and Daniel Kaluuya Share Their Journeys Making Marvel’s “Spider-Man” and “Black Panther”
- Act FAST! The Final Main Attraction Collection is Online!
- Marvel’s Upcoming “Behind the Mask” Will Premiere on Disney+ Next Month!