It’s been a bit of a whirlwind when it comes to the reopening of California theme parks. While the state released details about the guidelines in place for Disneyland, the parks have stated that they will be “shuttered for the foreseeable future” with the strict measures that have been outlined.
However, Disneyland has still continued to move forward with putting health and safety guidelines in place, while also introducing new experiences like the Backlot Premiere Shop. Despite the fact that Downtown Disney is open to guests, there are still many Cast Members out of work right now without an idea of when they will be able to return to the parks.
The Workers United Local 50 has continued to update its members about the state of the layoffs and recall processes occurring in Disneyland. While the union has previously detailed that over 2,500 Cast Members would be let go from various jobs in the food industry, the reopening of Disneyland’s Buena Vista Street has allowed some employees to return back to work.
According to a Facebook post made by the Workers United Local 50, over 200 Cast Members will be returned back to work at the stores and restaurants along Buena Vista Street. The recalls will be happening in waves, starting with leads, trainers, and “heart of house” roles.
Workers United Local 50 has stated that the recalls in each scheduling group will be taking place by job classification in “descending seniority order regardless of location job knowledge.” Leads and trainers will be in this order by Full Time conversion dates, while some Carthay Circle Lounge roles may require previous experience.
As Disneyland brings back more stores and restaurants, we’ll keep you updated with how Cast Members and guests are impacted! And, as always, we’re here to answer any questions you may have about the changes happening in the Disney Parks!
Have you been to Downtown Disney recently? Let us know in the comments below!
Disneyland Re-Opening News
- Disney’s Toontown Looks DIFFERENT — Go Inside With Us!
- NEWS: Disneyland President Reveals Phased Reopening Of Parks Will Last At Least Another Year
- One Disney Executive Thinks That Park Pass Reservations Are Here to Stay
- BREAKING: Main Street Electrical Parade Will Have a NEW Finale When it Returns to Disneyland
- Disney Menu Updates: Prices Increase at 2 Popular Spots and MORE Holiday Treats Arrive
- Disney Menu Updates: Sneak Peek at TWO Reopening Restaurants, Holiday Treats, and MORE!
- You Can Only Get Disneyland’s NEW Menu Item on Select Nights!
- Disney+ Subscribers Can Get Into Disney World EARLY. Here’s How.
- Disney Menu Updates: THREE Restaurants Reopen and Holiday Treats Begin to Arrive!
- Check Out the Food and Drinks Coming to Disneyland’s Merriest Nites!