Yesterday, we shared the news that Disneyland would be opening a new shop located inside Stage 17, which is part of Disney California Adventure. The store, called “Backlot Premiere Shop,” would be the only part of the park accessible to guests, with a special side entrance located on the east side of the esplanade.
At the time we shared this exciting news, we knew that the store was “opening soon.” It looks like “soon” meant “VERY soon,” as the Backlot Premiere Shop is now open!
Orange County Register shared the news that the shop has officially opened today, October 6th, as an extension of Downtown Disney. The store will offer seasonal merchandise as well as other popular items found in World of Disney as well as other retail locations throughout the shopping and dining district.
The store will serve as a means of dispersing the crowds that have been building over the past several weeks in Downtown Disney, resulting in hours-long wait times just to enter the various shops throughout the area.
At the moment there does not seem to be any special merchandise exclusive to the Backlot Premiere Shop, but it is likely that popular, in-demand items will also be available at this location, in addition to World of Disney and other retail shops.
This isn’t the first time that Downtown Disney has offered alternate shopping experiences since the district reopened in July. WonderGround Gallery has been re-imagined to a Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Trading Post, and a reservation-only shopping experience has been added at the former location of ESPN Zone.
If you’re interested in visiting the new shop, the current hours at Downtown Disney are 10AM-8PM Monday through Thursday, and 10AM-9PM Friday through Sunday. We will continue to bring you the latest news from Disneyland and Downtown Disney as we learn more!
Click here to read the latest news on the current status of California issuing the theme park guidelines needed for Disneyland to reopen.
Have you been to Downtown Disney since it reopened in July? Let us know in the comments!
- NEWS: Disneyland May Not Open Until Next Summer According to Orange County Health Care Agency
- NEWS: California Attractions and Parks Association Makes Statement Regarding The State’s New Theme Park Guidelines
- NEWS! Disneyland Resort’s President Responds to California’s Theme Park Reopening Guidelines
- NEWS! Anaheim Mayor Responds to California’s Theme Park Reopening Guidelines
- BREAKING NEWS: California Releases Reopening Guidelines for Disneyland and Other Theme Parks
- Disneyland Unions Urge Governor Newsom to Allow Parks to Reopen in Orange Tier
- NEWS: State of California Will Share Update on Theme Park Reopening Guidelines Tomorrow!
- Dave Bossert’s Latest Book Shows Us Disneyland Like We’ve Never Seen It Before!
- NEWS: Disney Fans Will Be Hosting a Rally in Support of Disneyland’s Reopening
- Extended Disneyland Closure Could Cost a $2 Billion Revenue Loss, According to Analysts
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!