We just shared the news that the state of California has released its theme park reopening guidelines. Under these guidelines, large theme parks like Disneyland may not reopen until the county in which it resides reaches the least-restrictive Yellow tier, effectively keeping major theme parks closed until further notice.
The Mayor of Anaheim released a statement expressing his disappointment with the guidelines, and now the President of the Disneyland Resort has spoken out.
Ken Potrock, President of the Disneyland Resort, released a statement on Disney’s official Twitter account, noting that “We have proven that we can responsibly reopen, with science-based health and safety protocols strictly enforced at our theme park properties around the world.” You can read the full statement below:
Potrock’s statement notes that a prolonged closure will force “thousands more people out of work, leading to the inevitable closure of small family-owned businesses, and irreparably devastating the Anaheim/Southern California community.” This echoes the concern raised by Anaheim Mayor Harry Sidhu, who noted that a prolonged Disneyland closure “would wipe out jobs in our city and destroy lives.”
We will continue to monitor the developments in Southern California and will keep you up-to-date as we learn more!
Did you have 2020 travel plans to the Disneyland Resort that were impacted by the closures? Let us know in the comments.
Disneyland Resort News
- Another Dining Location Will Reopen in Downtown Disney Today!
- NEWS! Disneyland Grad Nite is Officially Canceled for 2021
- NEWS! Avengers Campus Merchandise is Coming SOON to Downtown Disney!
- The Walt Disney Company Has Been In A ‘New York State of Mind’ For Decades
- NEWS: California Governor Newsom Announces New Curfew For Various Counties
- PHOTOS: Avengers Campus in Disney California Adventure Park is Looking EPIC!
- PHOTOS: Something BIG Was Missing from Disneyland’s Buena Vista Street Today
- PHOTOS: This Iconic Disneyland Resort Statue Got a Glow Up!
- PHOTOS: We’re at the Reopening of Buena Vista Street at Disneyland — Here’s What It’s Like!
- PHOTOS! These Super Fuzzy Minnie Ears Have Finally Arrived at Downtown Disney!