Over the past couple of weeks, we have shared several stories regarding the NBA’s potential decision to resume their 2019-2020 season at Walt Disney World.
One of the reasons Disney World seems to be an ideal spot is the number of hotels available to lodge players and team staff. And now it looks like there may be a lead contender for which resort the NBA and Disney may choose.
Yahoo Sports reporter Keith Smith shared on Twitter today that Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is “likely to be the primary host resort” when the NBA season resumes. Smith also goes on to say that “an agreement may be reached this week.”
Per Walt Disney World sources, Disney and the NBA have agreed that Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is likely to be the primary host resort for the NBA when they resume the season. Sources say an agreement may be reached this week, which will allow preparations to move quickly.
— Keith Smith (@KeithSmithNBA) June 2, 2020
The New York Times also recently shared an article detailing what an NBA season at Disney World may look like. Though the article doesn’t mention a specific resort that the NBA is considering, but they did note that “there is no chance that players will be sprinkled across a dozen hotels,” and that the NBA would only be using “one or two” resorts to contain their players and staff.
Neither Disney nor the NBA have confirmed at this time whether Disney World will be the official site for the remainder of the season, although there is a considerable amount of buzz surrounding this topic. As this is still a developing story, we will continue to provide updates as we see them!
What are your thoughts on the NBA resuming their season at Disney World? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World