The reservation period for Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is coming to a close on June 23. Starting June 24, if needed, a Virtual Boarding Pass or Queue System will be implemented to control crowds and access to the new land.
When you enter Disneyland be sure to check the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Status and Access on digital boards in the parks or in the Disneyland app. If the Status and Access states “Virtual Boarding Pass needed” you’ll need to follow the process below. If the status is “Open” you can head on in to Batuu without a boarding pass!
Disneyland Virtual Boarding Pass Process for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Be sure to download the Disneyland app prior to arriving at the park for your visit. When you arrive in the park check the status for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. If it is open head on over to Batuu; if it is showing Virtual Boarding Pass required follow the steps below.
- Press the “Join Boarding Group” button.
- Link your park tickets to the app and indicate who in your group will be visiting Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. You will not be able to add people to your group after you confirm your Virtual Boarding Pass.
- You and your group will be assigned a Boarding Group — now enjoy the rest of Disneyland’s attractions, shopping, and dining.
- If you have push notifications enabled, you will receive a notification when your Boarding Group can enter the land. You have two hours to redeem your boarding pass, so no need to rush! Digital boards around the park will also indicate boarding groups if you do not have push notifications enabled.
- Be sure to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the entrance indicated in your app. The barcode in your app will be scanned at the proper entrance — and you are off to Batuu!
If you do not use the Disneyland app you can get your Virtual Boarding Pass with a park admission ticket at select Disney FASTPASS Service locations, such as Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones Adventure, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or near the Matterhorn Bobsleds. Be sure to watch the digital boards around the park to see which boarding groups are called.
Reservation Process for Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina in Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
You may book a reservation for these two experiences on the same day of your visit, beginning at 7 a.m., with a valid credit card. Reservations for both experiences will allow access into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the time of the reservation, so it will not be necessary to join a boarding group, if applicable, to enter the land to participate in a reserved experience.
Watch the video Disneyland shared for more information here:
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland is NOW OPEN! Don't miss these posts about the new land:
- The Top 10 Must-Do's in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- Savi's Workshop in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Lets You Build Your Own Lightsaber
- First Look: DJ Rex is on Deck and Drinks Abound at Oga's Cantina
- This Might be the Weirdest Thing You'll See at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- All the Details on Shopping in Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge!
Click below to subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter so you don’t miss any of the latest Disney news!