Avengers: Endgame is $45 million away from becoming the highest-grossing film ever, taking the title from Avatar. Now, it looks like Marvel found a way to reach this achievement faster — by next weekend.
At a recent press event for the upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home Marvel’s president Kevin Feige told various outlets that the film will be re-released with footage that was not in the original release, and there would be additions at the end of the film — which may imply end credit scenes, which were missing (except for that sound) at the end of Avengers: Endgame.
Feige was more specific with ScreenRant stating: “If you stay and watch the movie, after the credits, there’ll be a deleted scene, a little tribute, and a few surprises. Which will be next weekend.”
As of June 16, Avatar‘s worldwide gross from box office sales is $2,787,965,087, while Avengers: Endgame‘s gross sits at $2,743,413,99.
Look for the re-release in theaters next week.
Will you be in the theater next week to see the new footage? Let us know in the comments.
Can't get enough Marvel and Avengers? We can help you! Learn more about Avengers: Endgame here!
- Spoiler-Free Review of Avengers: Endgame
- Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame Celebrates Historic Record-Setting $1.2 Billion Opening Weekend
- Avengers: Endgame Review: Don’t Spoil the Endgame
- Avengers Stars and Producer Celebrate Hand Print Ceremony at TCL Chinese Theatre
- Marvel Releases New Featurette with Special Look at Events Leading to Avengers: Endgame
- Avengers: Endgame Directors Issue Letter Asking Fans #DontSpoilTheEndgame
- Avengers: Endgame Stars and Disney Unite to Support $5 Million Children’s Hospital Donation
- New Avengers: Endgame Posters and Featurette Released
- Brand New Avengers: Endgame Trailer Released Today
- New Trailer: Avengers: Endgame
Click below to subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter so you don’t miss any of the latest Disney news!