Want to learn to cook like a chef at The BOATHOUSE in Disney Springs?
The BOATHOUSE may be known for its seafood, but we have a recipe from the executive chef at The BOATHOUSE, Bob Getchell, for the Steak au Poivre (Pepper Steak)!
This recipe is quick, easy (only 20 minutes prep and cook time!), and a great way to get those Disney Springs feels at home!
This recipe comes courtesy of the Gibsons Steak website.
Here is what you’ll need:
- Nonstick Pan
- Rubber Spatula
- GGA Ribeye Steak or NY Strip (this works best with a thin cut or butterfly cut steak)
- Gibsons Seasoning Salt, 2 tsp
- Black Pepper, freshly cracked (semi-coarse) 2 tsp
- Vegetable oil, 1 Tbsp
- Red wine ¼ cup
- Beef Broth ¼ cup
- Heavy Cream 2 Tbs
Prep and Cooking:
- Place the steak on a plate. Season the steak on both sides with Gibsons seasoning salt first then half of the cracked peppercorns on each side. (If you would like more pepper, you can increase the quantity to your preference)
- Preheat a nonstick pan on high heat, add vegetable oil.
- Place the seasoned steak down into the pan, taking care not to splash hot oil out of the pan.
- Sear one side until browned about 3 minutes, then carefully turn the steak and brown the other side, also about 3 minutes (by now the steak should be cooked to Rare)
- Remove the steak from the pan after well browned on both sides, place on a plate to rest and catch any drippings.
- Pour the excess oil out of the pan (try to leave the seasonings in the pan, do not wipe these out of the bottom of the pan) and then place back on the burner, on medium high heat.
- Add the red wine and beef broth all at once. Use rubber spatula to gently scrape any brown bits from center or sides of the pan.
- Reduce the wine and broth by half (about 2 minutes), then add the heavy cream reduce heat to medium.
- Add the steak and any juices from the plate back to the pan, turn the steak to coat with the sauce and re heat the steak.
- Remove the steak from the pan to serving plate and spoon the sauce over the steak.
- Serve with your choice of accompaniment.
And it’s as easy as that! If you’re craving the sights and smells of The BOATHOUSE, this recipe is the perfect way to bring a little Disney into your day!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Will you be making this Steak au Poivre from The BOATHOUSE? Let us know in the comments!