Now that the EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival starts TOMORROW, we’re ready for an overload of Orange Bird merchandise.
But, he’s already flown into Disney World a bit early in a brand new spot to welcome guests to the parks (and show off how cute he is).
Imagineer Zach Riddley has given us a sneak peek at the latest mural appearing in the Magic Kingdom. And, it’s got two of our favorite things — Orange Bird AND Dole Whip! The image was designed by Senior Concept Designer Chris Gardner before being painted in the Magic Kingdom by Artist Abdul Delgado.
Orange Bird first flew into Disney World when the Magic Kingdom opened in 1971 as the Florida Citrus Commission sponsored the Sunshine Pavilion. The area become known to fans as the Enchanted Tiki Room (the Tropical Serenade back then) and the Sunshine Tree Terrace, which is home to the famous Citrus Swirl.
We can’t wait to see the Magic Kingdom’s newest Orange Bird addition for ourselves before checking out the Flower and Garden Festival tomorrow! Be sure to stay tuned with All Ears for all the Disney news you need to know!
Are you heading to Disney World soon? Let us know in the comments below!
- There Were LOTS of Closures and Short Wait Times in Disney World Today!
- Dozens of Rides Close in Disney World Due To Weather-Related Power Failure
- Thrill Rides Had LONG Wait Times in Disney World This Week!
- It’s Seriously Hard to Keep Track of the Price of This Disney World Item
- Be Prepared for This Before Park Hopping in Disney World
- 5 Details You Missed in Episode 4 of ‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’
- Save on Swimwear With Disney’s Limited Time Deal!
- NEWS: Disney Casts Female Lead in ‘Indiana Jones 5’
- Did Disney Just Reveal a WALKING Baby Groot Animatronic?!
- You Probably Didn’t Think You’d Have to Wait For THIS in Disney World!