UPDATE: Gideon’s Bakehouse has given more information for the closure. Per Instagram, the bakehouse has closed to prepare for the grand opening.
“We are still in a soft opening mode. We’ve learned a great deal over our holiday test run and are so grateful to everyone for making it such an overwhelming success! Our opening was beyond our expectations, so we are putting on the brakes to deal with behind-the-scenes logistics ahead of the grand opening. Keep an eye out here for news.”
We’ve been LIVING for all the cookies at Gideon’s Bakehouse in Disney Springs (the half-pound desserts of our dreams)!
Since the bakery had its soft opening right before Christmas, we’ve been stocking up on lots of cookies. But, it looks like we’ll have to bid these new treats farewell for a short time!
Gideon’s Bakehouse shared tonight that it will be closing temporarily. In a notice on their official Instagram page, Gideon’s announced that the bakeshop would be closing for a bit, beginning this evening.
The post shared that their location in Orlando’s East End Market will remain open, so you can still satisfy your cookie cravings there. While we aren’t sure when Gideon’s Bakehouse will be opening to guests again, or the reason for its closure, we’ll be sure to keep you updated about any changes!
Have you ever had a treat from Gideon’s Bakehouse? Let us know in the comments below!
- Is the Ferrytale Fireworks Dessert Cruise Worth the Cost in Disney World?
- PHOTOS: What the Opening Day Line Looked Like for EPCOT’s Space 220
- Date Revealed for California Grill’s New 50th Anniversary Dining Experience in Disney World
- AllEars TV: Is Disney World’s Fried Chicken WORTH $29?
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: The Ferrytale Fireworks Dessert Cruise is Back at Disney World!
- Is This 4-Hour Dining Experience Near Disney World Worth the BIG Price Tag?
- FIRST LOOK: Carnation Cafe Has Reopened in Disneyland!
- PHOTOS: An Important Addition Has Arrived at EPCOT’s Space 220
- Halloween Refillable Mugs Have Returned to Disney World
- Make Your Reservations NOW for the New Steakhouse 71 at Disney World!