However, the new restrictions have caused California to see a few changes in its current case numbers.
Deadline has reported that California’s daily new case numbers have gone down 40% after much of the state went into lockdown. After Governor Gavin Newsom put many counties under lockdown almost two weeks ago, the numbers have dropped from a high of 53,711 cases reported last Wednesday to 32,659 cases on Tuesday. This is a 39.2% drop in less than a week.
Two of the state’s five regions quickly went under the lockdown orders with Southern California soon following the same stay-at-home restrictions on December 6th. During a recent news conference, Governor Newsom stated that the numbers were “tracking slightly lower” than the average.
He has also noted “as relates to the data that’s come in the last four days if we may be seeing a modest — very modest — decrease in the total case growth rate. Still too early to tell…but we’ll take a look at this in the next few days and come back…to give you our professional assessment.”
However, there is still a ways to go as Tuesday’s number is still much higher than the daily count — 20,759 — before the restrictions were put in place. In order to continue trending downward with the cases, Newsom has stated that California would most likely be extended past the current 3-week stay-at-home order, which will expire in Southern California on December 30th.
Newsom said that “Based upon all the data, it’s very likely that we’re going to extend the stay at home order.” Additional parts of the state in San Joaquin Valley will be operating with extended restriction since the hospitals are at 0% ICU capacity. As more details about the California restrictions continue to be revealed, we’ll be sure to update you on everything you need to know!
Do you live in California? Let us know in the comments below!
Disneyland Re-Opening News
- This is the Best $15 of Cute Air You’ll Ever Buy in Disneyland
- PHOTOS: New Character Sweatshirts Celebrate Iconic Disney Pairs!
- Find Out How You Can Score a FREE Annual Passholder Magnet in Disneyland!
- NEWS: Sprinkles is Currently Closed in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney
- Feel Like You’re in the Happiest Place on Earth All the Time with These New Disneyland Face Masks!
- NEWS: Southern California Has Extended Its Stay at Home Order
- NEWS: California’s ICU Capacity Dropped to Zero Percent On Christmas Day
- VIDEO: Snow White’s Scary Adventures Gets a New Name and Look in Disneyland!
- The BIGGEST Surprises You Need to Know From Disney’s Investor Day Announcements!
- Here’s What We Could Expect from Disney’s Investor Day Tomorrow!