There’s a lot to celebrate around the world right now as the holiday season kicks off in Disney Parks! However, Hong Kong Disneyland is celebrating an extra special event with its 15th anniversary this year!
And, in honor of the occasion, Hong Kong Disneyland unveiled the Castle of Magical Dreams today as a gift to the guests visiting the park!
While Sleeping Beauty Castle previously stood as the centerpiece of the park, the Castle of the Magical Dreams incorporates 13 different Disney Princesses and Queens as Hong Kong Disneyland’s new landmark! The castle uses different patterns, colors, and textures inspired by the heroines, along with architectural inspirations from Europe, China, and even Southeast Asia.
Some of the nods to the princesses include Snow White’s apple, Abu, Mushu, and Merida’s bow and arrow on the castle’s towers.
Around the area, you can find murals of the heroines pursuing their passions with influences from their respective time periods. While you may find Cinderella taking a hot air balloon ride, Aurora is participating in falconry and Ariel is sailing across the seas to visit the merfolk.
Plus, Disney wanted to create a tribute to the original Sleeping Beauty Castle with mini statues of Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather in the castle’s breezeway. They lead the way into a new rotunda that is made up of 9,000 points of dancing light.
Hong Kong Disneyland is inviting everyone who visits the park to share their dreams and wishes on “magical dream cards.” These hopes and aspirations are being stored in a treasure chest that will be taken to the top of the tallest tower to ensure that the Castle of Dreams is always filled with dreams.
Since this is the first time that a Disney Park has based a castle on multiple Disney Princesses and Queens instead of just one, you can watch the construction of the unique park centerpiece below!
Would you like to visit the Castle of Magical Dreams? Let us know in the comments below!
- NEWS: Orange County Mayor Demings Comments on Travel to Orlando During the Holidays
- Is EPCOT’s Festival Center Still a Thing? Here’s a Breakdown of What We Know!
- HURRY! The Original Baby Yoda Plush Is on Sale for Black Friday!
- Walt Disney is the Inspiration for the Latest D23 Mickey Plush!
- Take a Trip to Wonderland with the Newest Disney x Danielle Nicole Backpack!
- PHOTOS: Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts Are Looking Merry and Bright with New Holiday Decor!
- Disney is Releasing NEW Limited Edition ‘Tangled’ Merchandise SOON!
- These Were the Average Wait Times We Saw for the Most Popular Rides in Disney World Last Week!
- PHOTOS: Decorations Have Started to Go Up for EPCOT’s Festival of the Holidays!
- BREAKING! Imagineer Joe Rohde Will Be Retiring After 40 Years of Work at Disney