Earlier this week, we reported that California Governor Gavin Newsom will send a team to various theme parks across the country to research health and safety protocols.
California theme parks, including Disneyland Resort, remain closed as Newsom reaches a decision about theme park reopening guidelines. Without official health and safety protocols, the theme parks cannot reopen their gates to the public. While Disney and state officials have urged Newsom to speed up the process, he explained that he is in “no hurry” to create the guidelines. He claims he is taking a more thorough approach by researching the way that open theme parks are handling health and safety protocols right now.
Last week, a team of health officials visited Walt Disney World and other major theme parks to get a better idea of what protocols work and what doesn’t. According to Orange County Register, Newsom noted during a news conference that his team is “trying to get a better handle on what we’re being told, what we’re reading about, and our own concerns and our own environment as it relates to what makes our theme parks distinctive and unique.”
The decision to send teams to theme parks in-person is “to get a better sense of what’s going on.” Newsom goes on to explain that he wants “folks to come back and tell me what they saw, what their own experience was because this is serious.” Newsom refers to his thorough process as “stubborn research” as he continues to hone theme park reopening guidelines.
Disney World has implemented major health and safety processes including signs, overhead messages, face mask requirements, virtual queues, physical distancing, temperature checks, and limited capacities. Disneyland will most likely adopt a very similar process once it reopens. We’ll continue to cover Newsom’s process and inform you of future updates.
- NEWS: Disneyland Emails Passholders Regarding Implications of California’s Reopening Guidelines
- NEWS! Organization Representing Disneyland Could Seek Legal Action Against the State of California
- NEWS! Disneyland Resort’s President Responds to California’s Theme Park Reopening Guidelines
- NEWS! Anaheim Mayor Responds to California’s Theme Park Reopening Guidelines
- BREAKING NEWS: California Releases Reopening Guidelines for Disneyland and Other Theme Parks
- Disneyland Unions Urge Governor Newsom to Allow Parks to Reopen in Orange Tier
- Extended Disneyland Closure Could Cost a $2 Billion Revenue Loss, According to Analysts
- NEWS: Disney CEO Bob Chapek Says ‘Arbitrary’ Disneyland Reopening Guidelines Aren’t Based On ‘Actual Fact’
- NEWS! California State Officials Will Visit Disneyland Resort This Week!
- NEWS! California Will Release Theme Park Guidelines “When We’re Ready”
What do you think of Newsom’s process? Let us know in the comments.
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!