The effort to open the theme park has been discussed in many press releases and public meetings. Many officials and Disney reps are anxious to reopen the park. And recently, the organization O.C. Now released a commercial urging California Governor Newsom to take action. Now, more government officials have rallied together to convince Newsom that it’s time to reopen the Anaheim theme parks.
Theme park guidelines need to be established in order to reopen in California. Newsom promised that he would release theme park reopening guidelines soon, but has yet to deliver. According to Deadline, a group of California state senators and assemblymember sent a latter to Newsom requesting that he issue guidelines for Disneyland and other theme parks.
The letter states that “many indoor facilities are already operating safely at reduced capacities, with face covering and physical distancing requirements, and with heightened hygiene practices.” They infer that theme parks are predominately outdoors so they can adhere to the same guidelines that allow other businesses to operate.
The letter also states that Newsom has created guidance documents for many other business models but has yet to create a blueprint for theme parks. They claim that theme parks are open in 43 states and data suggests that they have not contributed to the spread of illnesses.
Officials are concerned that the longer the theme parks remain closed, the more the economy and employees will suffer. We will continue to update you on Newsom’s progress and reopening news in the future.
Disneyland Reopening News
- NEWS: Disneyland Emails Passholders Regarding Implications of California’s Reopening Guidelines
- NEWS! Organization Representing Disneyland Could Seek Legal Action Against the State of California
- NEWS! Disneyland Resort’s President Responds to California’s Theme Park Reopening Guidelines
- NEWS! Anaheim Mayor Responds to California’s Theme Park Reopening Guidelines
- BREAKING NEWS: California Releases Reopening Guidelines for Disneyland and Other Theme Parks
- Disneyland Unions Urge Governor Newsom to Allow Parks to Reopen in Orange Tier
- Extended Disneyland Closure Could Cost a $2 Billion Revenue Loss, According to Analysts
- NEWS: Disney CEO Bob Chapek Says ‘Arbitrary’ Disneyland Reopening Guidelines Aren’t Based On ‘Actual Fact’
- NEWS! California State Officials Will Visit Disneyland Resort This Week!
- NEWS! California Will Release Theme Park Guidelines “When We’re Ready”
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!