Pressure is mounting on California state government to reopen theme parks, especially Disneyland, which is now in its seventh month of its historic closure.
We recently shared how Disneyland’s President Ken Potrock says the resort is “in limbo” until the state releases industry guidance for theme parks to reopen. Now, the organization Reopen O.C. Now is doubling down with a new internet ad that calls on Governor Newsom to reopen Disneyland.
Orange County Register has shared the internet ad, that adds more pressure on state government to come out with theme park reopening guidance. Reopen O.C. Now, the organization that created the ad, is a group made up of city leaders from Anaheim, Buena Park, and Garden Grove, as well as the Anaheim Chamber of Commerce.
The sentiment of “It’s time to responsibly reopen” has been echoed several times now across Disney leaders as well as local authorities in Southern California. Josh D’Amaro noted how “it’s time” to reopen Disneyland in a recent press conference, and Disneyland President Ken Potrock reiterated the comment in a recent meeting with the Souther California News Group editorial board.
The ad features video footage from both Disneyland and Disney World. The images from Disney World, which includes Cast Members sanitizing locations such as Expedition Everest and Casey’s Corner, was filmed for a promotional video released by the Florida resort shortly before it reopened in July.
The ad will be shown to web users across Southern California, where Disneyland resides.
Click here to read more about Disneyland’s President Ken Potrock’s recent remarks on the extended closures.
How soon will you revisit Disneyland once it reopens? Let us know in the comments.
- PHOTOS: Celebrate Disneyland with These New Starbucks Mugs and Ornaments!
- We Just Found TONS of New Masks at Downtown Disney in Disneyland!
- NEWS: Disneyland Prepares for Reopening By Installing More Than 23,000 Safety Measures to Its Parks and Resorts
- Disney Expands Inclusive-Apparel Line With New Adaptive Ears
- Catal’s Breakfast With Santa Is Back for 2020 at Downtown Disney — With a Few Changes
- Governor Newsom Discusses Why California Theme Parks Can’t Reopen Despite Reopenings Elsewhere
- NEWS: Disneyland Union Announces That 200 Cast Members Will Be Returning to Work Soon
- It’s Time to Haul Out the Holly! Here’s ALL the Holiday Merchandise Coming to the Disney Parks This Year!
- NEWS: Workers United Local 50 Provides Details on Cast Members Returning to Work in Disneyland
- Make a Reservation NOW to Pick Up These New Vinyl Figurines at an Exclusive Disneyland Shopping Event!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!