It has been almost seven months since Disneyland began its temporary closure. This summer, the resort had announced a reopening date of July 17th, but those plans were delayed by the state government. Since then, Disneyland and other theme parks have waited for key industry reopening guidance to come from the state government in order to proceed with reopening procedures.
That wait could be coming to an end in a matter of days, according to Orange County Register.
Governor Gavin Newsom’s press secretary Jesse Melgar announced that the reopening guidelines for theme parks will be released this week. Rodger Butler, the spokesperson for California Health and Human Services, announced that the guidelines will come from the California Department of Public Health.
Once the guidelines are released, theme parks in the state will have a better idea of when and how they can reopen. Information that could be revealed in the guidelines includes which tier a county must reach in order to reopen their theme parks, what capacity the parks can operate at, and if there are any differences between indoor and outdoor guidelines.
We will keep you up-to-date as more information is announced from Disneyland as well as from the state!
Click here to learn more about the pressure mounting on the state government to give the green light for theme parks to reopen.
How soon will you visit the Disneyland Resort once it reopens? Let us know in the comments!
- NEWS: Workers United Local 50 Provides Details on Cast Members Returning to Work in Disneyland
- Make a Reservation NOW to Pick Up These New Vinyl Figurines at an Exclusive Disneyland Shopping Event!
- NEWS: Disneyland Will Be Opening Stores and Restaurants Along Buena Vista Street This November!
- NEWS: Disneyland Emails Passholders Regarding Implications of California’s Reopening Guidelines
- NEWS: Disneyland Resort Reservations Now Only Available to Book Mid-November and Later
- NEWS: Disneyland and Union Come To An Agreement Regarding How Lay-Offs Should Be Handled
- When Can We Expect Disneyland to Reopen, Now That California Has Released Theme Park Guidelines?
- NEWS! Organization Representing Disneyland Could Seek Legal Action Against the State of California
- NEWS: LA Philharmonic Cancels Concerts at the Walt Disney Concert Hall Through Part of 2021
- NEWS: Disneyland May Not Open Until Next Summer According to Orange County Health Care Agency
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!