It has been almost seven months since Disneyland began its temporary closure. This summer, the resort had announced a reopening date of July 17th, but those plans were delayed by the state government. Since then, Disneyland and other theme parks have waited for key industry reopening guidance to come from the state government in order to proceed with reopening procedures.
That wait could be coming to an end in a matter of days, according to Orange County Register.
Governor Gavin Newsom’s press secretary Jesse Melgar announced that the reopening guidelines for theme parks will be released this week. Rodger Butler, the spokesperson for California Health and Human Services, announced that the guidelines will come from the California Department of Public Health.
Once the guidelines are released, theme parks in the state will have a better idea of when and how they can reopen. Information that could be revealed in the guidelines includes which tier a county must reach in order to reopen their theme parks, what capacity the parks can operate at, and if there are any differences between indoor and outdoor guidelines.
We will keep you up-to-date as more information is announced from Disneyland as well as from the state!
Click here to learn more about the pressure mounting on the state government to give the green light for theme parks to reopen.
How soon will you visit the Disneyland Resort once it reopens? Let us know in the comments!
- These Rides Won’t Be Reopening With Disneyland Resort. Here’s Why.
- You’ll Have MORE Mobile Order Options When Disneyland Reopens!
- Why This Ride WON’T Reopen With Disneyland Resort
- NEW Disney Dress Code, Rise Boarding Groups, and Other BIG News You Missed!
- NEWS: Disney Will Remove Guests Using Profanity or Offensive Language
- Only California Residents Will Be Able to Dine at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
- California Small Businesses Slowly Starting to Rebound as Theme Parks Reopen
- Disneyland Reservations Nearly GONE For Avengers Campus Opening Weekend!
- More Disneyland Cast Members Are Being Called Back to Work!
- Disneyland Experiencing High Traffic Issues Following Reservations Opening
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!