Walt Disney World just welcomed an adorable new friend!
‘Olu Mel is a new member of the Duffy and Friends gang. These lovable characters are particularly popular at the international theme parks and have made appearances at Disney World. ‘Olu Mel was first introduced at Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa then made his way across the sea to Shanghai Disneyland. Now, we’re welcoming this cuddly cutie to Florida with a special event at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!
The celebration kicked off at BouTiki, the gift shop inside the resort. In anticipation of crowds, a sign indicating the line for the shop welcomed guests.
A guide to the event was posted outside too. The gift shop was home to tons of new merch and special treats were created in honor of ‘Olu!
Of course, there were cute little plushies that you could take home with you! Can you spot the hidden Mickey on his cute little face?
There were also adorable keychains, bags, ornaments, and another ‘Olu plush dressed in his beachwear.
The Cast Member handed us a handy price guide to all the new merch!
The ‘Olu Mel Soft Serve dessert was absolutely adorable! It’s made with Lime Dole Whip (so good!) and comes with a white chocolate ‘Olu piece, crispy pearls, and topped with flowers and glitter. The treat is $5.99 at Pineapple Lanai.
Over at Captain Cook’s, we found the ‘Olu Mel specialty cupcake for $5.99. The cute cuppy is made with chocolate cake, filled with coconut mousse, and topped with white chocolate ‘Olu, tiki decorations, crispy pearls, and edible glitter!
We thought the coconut mousse was really delicious and added a nice touch of sweetness to the moist chocolate cake. The buttercream frosting complimented the whole treat nicely!
P.S. When we visited Capt. Cook’s, we had to Mobile Order the cupcake. It wasn’t on the menu quite yet so we ordered the Aloha Cupcake and told the Cast Member we wanted the ‘Olu cupcake!
All Duffy and friends get a cute backstory. ‘Olu was found on the beach strumming his ukulele by Duffy and Shellie Bear. This is where they gave him the nickname “Mel,” short for Melody! Welcome to the family, ‘Olu! We’re so happy to have you here.
Duffy Bear and Friends!
- New Merchandise, Food, and MORE Coming for Tokyo DisneySea’s Duffy & Friends’ Sunny Fun Event
- A NEW Character Just Arrived at Disney’s Aulani Resort!
- PHOTOS! New ‘Olu Mel Loungefly Backpack Arrives at Disney World!
- We Spotted Some Adorable Duffy and Friends Merch in Disney World!
- Duffy and Friends Loungefly Bags Have Arrived at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!
- NEWS: Character Meet And Greets Will Be Returning to Tokyo Disneyland Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is Hosting a Special ‘Olu Mel Event With NEW Merchandise and Treats!
- Shanghai Disney Resort Will Host Tons of Fall-Themed Activities This Year — Including an Entire Duffy Month!
- Shanghai Disneyland and Duffy Are Counting Down The Days Until Re-Opening!
- Disney’s Aulani Resort Remains Open, But Released Updated Policies
Do you love this new addition to the Duffy and Friends gang? Let us know in the comments!