We are now seeing reports that the ride has temporarily closed today, but that on top of that, the water has also seemed to be drained from the attraction!
Disney Food Blog has reported that Splash Mountain has been temporarily closed throughout the day.
The site shared a photo of the attraction featuring the stretch of track just after the final drop, which appears to be completely drained for the time being, as opposed to our photo of the track, filled with water.
At this time, we don’t know the reasoning behind the temporary closure, or the temporary drainage. We will continue to keep you updated with any further developments!
Are you looking forward to the re-theming of Splash Mountain? Let us know in the comments.
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World