Recipes Challah French Toast Chef Mickey’s Contemporary Resort
Yield: 4-6 servings
6 extra large whole eggs
1 ½ cups of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
½ cup of granulated sugar
8 to 10 one inch slices of challah bread (you can substitute brioche bread or Hawaiian bread)
1 – 2 tablespoons of butter (margarine)
Method of Preparation:
1. Gather all ingredients (mise en place).
2. Crack eggs into medium size bowl, add milk & vanilla. Wisk together with a fork or wire whip. Add the sugar and cinnamon mix all ingredients are incorporated. Set aside.
3. Slice challah bread into 1" slices. Set aside.
4. Pre-heat flat grill or frying pan on medium heat (Teflon coated works best). Cover bottom of pan / grill with butter.
5. Dip bread into the egg mixture, place in pan/grill cook under golden brown on each side.
6. Remove from heat, plate up French toast and dust with the confectioners sugar.