Reviews of The Daily Poutine

Reviewed by rahbekah Review Date: 08/08/2021

Had some delicious poutine that was comparable to the one you can get in Epcot! We just got the classic poutine, but I've heard their seasonal ones are good too. Also had the frozen sangria, which was very sweet but still refreshing. Worth stopping by!

Pros:

French fries, gravy, cheese curds....What more could you want?

Cons:

Limited menu (obviously), so many other places in Disney Springs to pick from

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/07/2021

We did have a hearty snack and enjoyed sitting at a nearby table. However, fundamentally, the classic poutine we had did not match up anywhere near a real Canadian poutine for the following reasons:
1. The French fries lacked seasoning and initial crispiness. They were also not hot enough to contribute to melting the cheese curds. They did taste ok, buy could be vastly improved with proper amount of salt and paying attention to cooking technique.
2. The gravy was the wrong consistency. It was not made from a flour rue but they used corn starch which is absolutely the wrong product, which left a more gelatinous texture. In addition, it was not hot enough to properly melt the cheese curds. This stand needs to completely redo their gravy. If they did they would greatly increase their repeat customers.
3. The cheese curds were excellent in taste, but they did not melt. They just scattered them on top and covered them with the cold gravy. They ended up clumping together and were very difficult to get apart with your fingers, which shouldn't have happened in the first place if they would have melted.
4 The bottom line is they should revisit what they are doing rather than putting out a marginal product.

Pros:

Portion size

Cons:

Cooking techniques and assembly of the poutine, textures, gravy recipe and not hot enough to properly melt the cheese.

Reviewed by Oo-De-Lally248 Review Date: 03/16/2021

I got the classic poutine and while it tasted great, I found the texture of the gravy to be strange and somewhat gelatinous (made with corn starch instead of flour?). I loved the fries, thick cut and fresh, and the cheese curds were big and there were plenty of them. The portion size was great for sharing as a snack or as a full lunch for a single person. I would definitely go back to try the other varieties.

Pros:

Fresh, shareable portions

Cons:

Limited seating

Reviewed by TylerMelissa Review Date: 07/26/2020

I enjoy The Daily Poutine on as many trips to Disney Springs as my stomach can handle. Being from Wisconsin, I often expect to be disappointed when I'm away from home ordering anything that includes cheese curds (because they aren't usually cheese curds). The Classic Poutine gets it exactly right. Every order is made fresh and scalding hot - my only complaint is that when they're busy, it can take longer than you might expect to get your food BECAUSE everything is made so fresh. That said, it's worth the wait. They have variety for more adventurous eaters, too!

On our most recent trip, we tried the Arendelle Aqua Arctic Punch they were serving, and could have probably enjoyed about five more. I'd definitely recommend whatever seasonal or signature drink they're serving based just on that one great experience!

Pros:

Delicious, fresh food, central location in Disney Springs, lots of seating, often live entertainment right next to the stand, delicious signature cocktails, clever name!

Cons:

Not as fast as you might hope, if they are busy

Reviewed by mickeymom5 Review Date: 09/04/2017

We shared a classic poutine. I have never been to Canada to try this dish before, but we all enjoyed it. I had never tried cheese curds before, and now I love them! This is a great place to share a snack or eat for lunch!

Pros:

food

Cons:

outdoor seating can get hot

Reviewed by disneyjill Review Date: 08/15/2017

I tried the classic, and while I've never had real Canadian poutine, so I can't speak to the authenticity, I enjoyed this a lot. The fries were hot and made to order, thick cut, with gravy and cheese curds. This was my lunch and the portion was more than plenty.

Pros:

Portion size, food hot

Reviewed by mgilmore Review Date: 08/15/2016

My son and I tried the French - French Fries, Mushroom Cream Sauce, and Gruyere.

Wow really tasty, and a decent size portion.
For $8.99 a few more fries would be nice, but we enjoyed it very much.

It was made to order...nice and hot.
I loved it and can't wait to go back for another visit.

Pros:

Fresh and Hot