Most Recent Reviews

Review of Roaring Fork

Reviewed by John Review Date: 12/11/2015

The food is very good at Roaring Forks. I am so glad they brought back the Tuna Fish Sandwich. It is very good as are the burgers. The homemade chips are also very good. My wife had a salad and she said it was very good.

We got the bounty breakfast in the morning to split between my wife and me and it is very good.

Pros:

Good Food and quick service

Review of Whispering Canyon Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by John Review Date: 12/11/2015

The Food (Skillet) is great at the Whispering Canyon Café. There are also a lot of fun activities for everyone, especially youngsters. Our server was very attentive to our needs.

Pros:

Great Food

Review of Disney's Wilderness Lodge Concierge Level

Reviewed by NJDzneMom Review Date: 12/12/2015

My family (DH and 2 DS - 17 and 14) stayed here during the first week of December 2015. We found the Christmas decorations in the Lodge to be simply beautiful, sticking with the overall lodge theme - simple yet elegant.

We stayed in a Deluxe Room and found it to be very spacious. The pullout sofa opened to a queen bed. I have to say it didn't look too comfortable but my teenage sons thought otherwise (maybe it's their age). We enjoyed having the extra bed now that the boys are older and bigger. I thought the queen beds were very comfortable and found the bedding and pillows to be of good quality. There was also plenty of storage in the room and we used the mini-fridge to store bottled water. We had a great view of Bay Lake and the pool and could see the nightly water parade just perfectly. What a treat!

While the service in the Concierge Lounge was very good, I was a little disappointed in the food and beverage choices overall. We were there 5 nights and found the same items daily with little to no variety. Breakfast items were standard continental breakfast items. I was expecting a couple of hot choices (eggs??) as I seem to recall having more options when we stayed at AKL a couple years ago. The afternoon/evening snacks were simple - chips, gummy bears, cookies, rice krispy treats, fruit. Again, a little variety would have been nice. We only got to partake in the evening appetizers once - chicken nuggets were good. We enjoyed the beer and wine choices as well but were disappointed that there no bottled waters available - though the staff was happy to fill other water bottles.
Overall, we were very happy with our room, location and service.

Pros:

Resort Theming, Room Layout and Service

Cons:

Lounge Choices

Review of Columbia Harbour House

Reviewed by John Review Date: 12/11/2015

This is the place to eat fro quick service at the Magic Kingdom. Shrimp, salads, Lobster Roll, and Clam Chowder are all very good.

The only downside, and it is not great, is that close two hours prior to MVMCP.

Pros:

Great Food

Cons:

Not open during MVMCP

Review of California Grill

Reviewed by John Review Date: 12/11/2015

We had another great meal at the California Grill. We also had had a great view of Magic Kingdom.

It is a little pricey, but I would recommend eating here to anyone.

Pros:

Great Food and service

Review of Biergarten - Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by NJDzneMom Review Date: 12/12/2015

We dined at the Biergarten on Dec 3, 2015. We are fans of German food and like to visit this restaurant when we visit Disney. The food on the buffet was very plentiful and my entire family were very pleased with all of their food choices. From the schnitzel to the sauerbraten, we were impressed with the quality of food. The service was adequate. We also enjoyed the show - specially focused on German Christmas carols at this time of the year. The restaurant was also decorated nicely for the season.

Pros:

Food quality, atmosphere

Review of Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner

Reviewed by NJDzneMom Review Date: 12/12/2015

We were very pleased that the Liberty Tee Tavern reopened in time for our December 4 visit as it is always a "must do" for my family. We were quickly seated at the time of our reservation. The service was a little slow but our waiter was attentive and helpful - perhaps they were a little busy due to the MVMCP that night.
We're disappointed that the flank steak was replaced with pot roast but all of the remaining family style dishes were all very good. We particularly enjoyed the turkey, ham and stuffing. I wasn't overly impressed with the apple/cranberry tart for dessert.
I would definitely recommend the Liberty Tree for all families looking for a filling and appetizing meal.

Pros:

food quality and quantity

Review of Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria

Reviewed by NJDzneMom Review Date: 12/12/2015

We were fortunate to get a walk-up reservation for lunch during our trip the week of Dec 6, 2015. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and the service was good. However, we were very disappointed with the food quality, especially for the price.

We ordered a couple of appetizers. I was not impressed with the tomato/mozzarella salad. The tomatoes were not very ripe and there was just a couple of basil leaves on the dish.

Each of us ordered individual pizzas to our liking. The crust was tasty but the toppings were very, very sparse. I think on my pepperoni pizza I counted about 10 mini slices of pepperoni. One of my son's had the margherita pizza, it was also lacking in toppings.

I know food is generally more expensive at Disney but these prices were really outrageous especially for lackluster pizza. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone honestly. Sorry!

Pros:

Service

Cons:

Food Quality

Review of Yak and Yeti Restaurant

Reviewed by NJDzneMom Review Date: 12/12/2015

We had lunch at Yak and Yeti the week of Dec 6, 2015. This was our first visit to this restaurant and we were very impressed with the quality of food. I had the sweet and sour chicken and thought it was delicious. One son had the honey chicken and the other had the Misala chicken. Both ate the entire portion - so it must have been very good.

While our service was good, I didn't particularly care for the sales pitch to join the Landry Dining Club program. The waiter asked 2-3 times if we were interested and didn't seem to want to take no for an answer. I found the whole request a little tacky and off-putting.

However, the food quality was terrific and I do look forward to adding this restaurant to our itinerary again on our next visit.

Pros:

Food Quality

Cons:

Sales Pitch for Landry Restaurant Club

Review of Jiko - The Cooking Place - Jambo House

Reviewed by NJDzneMom Review Date: 12/12/2015

We dined at Jiko for a second time the week of Dec 6, 2015. We love this signature restaurant and look forward to this dining event when we visit Disney.

We were seated almost immediately for our ADR time. Our waiter was most attentive and gave welcome overviews of each dish on the menu.

We loved the wild boar appetizer - very tasty - and I'm not one to usually try these types of dishes. My family also truly relished the grouper, lamb, filet and short rib dishes. The wine was also delightful and accompanied our dinners very nicely.

If anyone is looking for a special dining experience, I would definitely recommend this restaurant. However, I do believe it's geared more towards teen+ kids and adults. Little ones may not appreciate the longer meal experience and the atmosphere is a little more sophisticated than other resort restaurants.

Pros:

Food Quality, Wine Selection, Service

1 2,437 2,438 2,439 2,440 2,441 2,455