Most Recent Reviews

Review of Mama Melrose's Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by KCKAS Review Date: 12/20/2015

We had fantasmic dining package. We checked in, received beeper, waited, checked with hostesses, they said they beeped us and called our name but we did not respond so they removed our reservation. I told them that never happened , we waited over 2 hours for a table. Only reason we waited was because of fantasmic tickets. Told our waitress what happened. She was super nice, food was quick and good. All had dessert sampler, it was excellent. Had to run across park for show right after dinner. Fantasmic was closed and people were waiting for next show, but we got in with our tickets and sat in second to last row of reserved section. We just made it.

Pros:

dessert

Cons:

waited too long, they blew us off

Review of Toy Story Pizza Planet CLOSED February 1, 2016 for Long Rehab

Reviewed by KCKAS Review Date: 12/20/2015

Family of 5, we had pizzas and meatball subs, and salads. No complaints. Too hot out, ate upstairs. It was empty and had our own bathroom. Cupcakes were good.

Pros:

pizza

Review of Rainforest Cafe

Reviewed by KCKAS Review Date: 12/20/2015

Too loud to have a conversation. Steak and shrimp was adequate. Son had steak and liked it. 2 daughters had burgers, one liked, other was too salty to eat. I had blue something sandwich, had no flavor. We loved our waiter. He was terrific. Took desserts to go because noise was ridiculous.

Pros:

kids liked ambiance

Cons:

noise level, food

Review of Candlelight Processional (Epcot)

Reviewed by emjohnson03 Review Date: 12/20/2015

This was great! We were lucky because we didn't get in till right before show time! Everyone says to do a dining plan but we went on a Friday night and the first show. It may have been because the actress wasn't too popular but we got seats and enjoyed every second.

Highly recommend for the Christmas feel and the music was great.

Pros:

music, atmosphere

Cons:

Review of Caribbean Beach Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by emjohnson03 Review Date: 12/20/2015

I stayed here with a friend from 12/15-12/19 for the Christmas season. It was decent but I don't think I would pay full price. I got a discount and we stayed in Trinidad South which was the farthest away.

That was tedious! Try staying at MK for 15 hours and it's midnight and you have 7 stops to just get to your room.

I would recommend if you want quiet though. No issues with sound at all. It's not that friendly for time management and the shuttles do come, but it's so spread out.

We hit up the dining area but again, it would out of the way. You can't just go to a store because it's a bus ride away.

Pros:

quiet

Cons:

spread out

Review of Flame Tree Barbecue

Reviewed by KCKAS Review Date: 12/20/2015

Family of five. Everyone liked their food. Sat next to pool and birds were brazen. They walked on pool ledge and came right up to food at table. I would sit a little farther from ledge next time. Will definitely go back.

Pros:

food and scenery

Cons:

brazen birds

Review of Garden Grocer

Reviewed by bmdisney Review Date: 12/20/2015

My first experience with GG was during the planning stages on my most recent trip. On the front end, it was all positive. But my plans unexpectedly changed requiring me to cancel my order. I contacted GG well in advance of my trip (3 weeks) to cancel. I received confirmation my order was cancelled. My trip has now come and gone and it has been 30 days since I cancelled my order. No refund yet. My attempts to get information by email have yielded nothing. I may understand the difficulty in getting a refund if I cancelled last minute, etc. So, just a word of warning - You pay up front (which I completely understand) but if for any reason you need to cancel your order, refunds may take over a month (and counting).

Pros:

Website easy to use

Cons:

30 days and counting waiting on refund

Review of Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles

Reviewed by KCKAS Review Date: 12/20/2015

Family of 5, ate 2 croissant jambon fromage and 2 poulet au pistou. We split various desserts. Sat inside bakery. Loved everything we ate. We will be back next trip. Would have eaten here again but it was too crowded when we went.

Pros:

food and dessert

Review of Sci-Fi Breakfast

Reviewed by elle84uga Review Date: 12/24/2015

For a table service breakfast at Walt Disney World, this is a pretty good option. There aren't as many various choices in Hollywood Studios to dine, and we liked that we could get a table service option for +$10 (avg) than doing a quick service option without having to do a character breakfast (Hollywood & Vine). We've been twice so far, and each entree we've had (Puff Pastry, Grilled Beef Tenderloin, Shrimp & Grits, and French Toast) were all standard fare for what we've had for Disney breakfast options; although, I must say, the cheesy custard on the roasted tomato was a surprising delight.

On our second visit, I almost couldn't make the commitment to try something different than what I had the first time (Shrimp & Grits again or the Puff Pastry) so our server brought me both so I didn't have to choose, lol!

Just note that during this trial run, if you have a reservation at 10:30, you will definitely be held to that as there is no "15-minute grace period" for this time slot. The kitchen begins to prepare for the lunch menu at this time, and there is a chance that you will not get the chance to experience the breakfast menu.

All in all, we left satisfied (stuffed, even), and our service has always been great at Sci Fi Dine-In Theater to include the breakfast trial. No complaints here!

Pros:

Food, service, environment

Review of Liberty Inn -- CLOSED

Reviewed by KCKAS Review Date: 12/20/2015

My son ate here twice since he wouldn't eat our food from Japan or France. Both times he ate a hotdog, fries and rocky road brownie. He was in heaven. I would have preferred a hotdog cart instead but couldn't find one in area we were in. He will be back.

Pros:

rocky road brownie

1 2,439 2,440 2,441 2,442 2,443 2,455